Chapter 8: The Turning Point

Start from the beginning

Surprisingly, it can be interpreted two ways. One of them is to show dominance, but for supernatural werewolves, it can also mean reassurance or affection in some cases.

Slowly, I let out a breath and responded, "Alright. But don't be too late. We'll leave soon so we can be there around the same time. Remember, keep your emotions in check." I told him.

Tyler just nodded and I waited for a bit until I heard the two car doors slamming shut and the Lockwood car leaving the driveway.

-------------

Sadly, while we the moon was getting closer to it's apex. Tyler was getting more agitated and after a rude comment by Tyler, Jeremy took a swing at him.

Thankfully, Alaric (A-lar-ic) Saltzman the new history teacher and Mayor Lockwood quickly split them apart.

"All right, work it out, Tough Guy." Rick as he told everyone to call him told Jeremy.

"You two, come with me." Mayor Lockwood said as he held Tyler away from Jeremy.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach but Tyler just shook his head at me to not follow him. "Excuse me, Mayor. Where are you taking them?" Alaric asked the Mayor

"I'm gonna talk to them. All fights should end in handshakes, don't you think?" he asked.

I could tell that Mr.Saltzman was also suspicious of the Mayor but I didn't know what to do as I watched the Mayor lead Jeremy and Tyler away.

Though, after waiting a few minutes and my wolf growling at my to find Tyler, I searched for Mr.Saltzman.

I found him near one of the booths and quickly walked up to him. "Mr.Saltzman?" I asked worriedly.

"Percy, right?" he asked me back. At my nod he quickly asked, "What do you need?"

"I'm a friend of Tyler's and I can't find him. I know what happened earlier but wouldn't a simple handshake not take this long." I quickly asked.

Mr.Saltzman looked a bit concerned as he started walking toward the area the Mayor and two teenagers left toward. I quickly followed him outside.

So, let's settle it. Fight." We had just come outside when we heard the Mayor say this.

"Come on, dad." Tyler said shaking his head, disappointed in his father.

"It's not gonna happen." Jeremy said looking at Mr.Lockwood like he was a bit crazy.

I could tell Mr.Lockwood was displeased especially when Tyler tried to walk by him toward Mr.Saltzman and I.

Quickly, Mr.Lockwood pushed Tyler toward Jeremy while saying, "I said fight!"

"Whoa. What's going on out here?" Mr.Saltzman quickly interrupted surprisingly calm before the agitated Mayor could do anything else.

"Just lettin' these two kids work it out. We're good here. Just go back inside." Mr.Lockwood quickly explained looking calmer than he seemed seconds ago.

I was right behind Mr.Saltzman and could feel the angry eyes that Mr.Lockwood had on me. I could feel my wolf wanting to growl at the man and make him submit, but I was also a seven year old and had to hold up the act.

So, I quickly slipped behind Mr.Saltzman and stepped closer to him. Acting as if I was afraid of Mr.Lockwood.

I found myself surprised when Mr.Saltzman reached around without looking and put his hand on my back reassuringly.

"I don't wanna go back inside." Mr.Saltzman, or I guess Rick. He wasn't kidding when he said it was a constant mouthful. "What I want is an answer to my question. What's goin' on out here?"