Chapter 4

"Good morning everyone. This is week one for the tributes. These test are used to perfectly analyze each tributes personality including their DNA to compare to the tributes ancestors." Javien's voice boomed in the room.

I stood between Harry and Austin as Javien continued to talk about this first week as if we haven't heard about it each year. I wanted to scream. "If they bring us in here to find out about us, why do they kill us off?" Harry's morning voice was deep and raspy. "It's all apart of the game. The more deaths. The more interesting." Austin's voice was warm and reminded me of home.

"We do the first test in alphabetical order. Starting with Z and going to A." Javien's voice caught my attention again.

"This is stupid." I finally spoke gaining a look from Harry and Austin, "What? You're not the only ones that can talk..." Harry smirked at me as Austin gave off a small laugh. "Excuse me." The young girl said in a stern voice, "You should keep your voices down." I gave the girl a glare. She had blonde hair, like from what I heard Prim had. "I like your eyes." She whispered coming and standing between me and Austin, "The Mockingjays will get you in trouble." I nodded to her. Before she shot her hand out for me to shake, as I did she spoke in a quiet tone, "My name is Bea. It's short for Beatrice. You can call me either." I smiled as she released her grasp, "I'm Danny. This is Harry and that one is Austin." I pointed to both boys who shook her hand in return. "What's up with the tattoos?" She asked starring at me and then Harry. "Uh. It's because, um-" I cut Harry off answering her question swiftly, "His dad is Finnick Odair and my mother is Katniss Everdeen." Bea looked completely shocked, "You could start a rebellion!" I smiled as I shook my head no. There is no time to be thinking like that when I have to fight to stay alive right now how it is.

"Each tribute may return to there dorms now." The announcer spoke in a dreadful tone. I walked with Bea back to my room only to notice that we shared it, "Sorry I didn't notice you earlier." I tried to sound upset but it wouldn't play off and by seeing how tough she looks, it didn't play off to her either. "Don't worry. It's better than any of these other crying freaks. We all knew this was coming... Why cry? It'll make the game more worth watching." I nodded, not because I didn't want to answer but because she was right. This makes the game more dramatic. I don't think I could have ever thought of an explanation like that, I would have just suggest that it made them look weak therefore another fear.

It was lunch time now. Austin, Harry, Bea, and I sat together. Our instructor, Kailua, walked in he had a massive muscle tone and looked at us all in a mixture of hatred and sympathy. "Good morning everyone. My name is Kailua as you all know," his voice was deep and if loud enough, scary, "we will separate in different groups for different tasks." He pointed to a group of medium size kids and led us all over to the rope climbing. "This is the rope climb. Some of you think this is a dumb test but believe me, it's very interesting at the fact that many of you will fail," Kailua searched the group he picked before pointing his long finger at a tan girl, "You will go first. I suggest that you give me your name and district or this test will not count for you." The girl glared at Kailua before answering, "Sarah Lane Cook, District 10." Kailua nodded as he found her name on the list of sixteen year olds trying to survive. Sarah rubbed her hands together before jumping onto the rope and pulling herself up slowly. "You're taking too long. Are you scared?" A girl snickered in the standing audience causing Kailua to laugh and Sarah to slip, landing on her back grabbing her ankle in pain. "Now! Whoever thought they were clever enough to call Ms-," Kailua checked his notebook, "Sarah Cook scared I wish to speak to you. NOW!" Kailua's voice boomed in the small room we stood in. A small girl stepped forward, her short blonde bangs covered parts of her blue eyes, "Name?" Kailua's dark eyes peered down upon her, "I said NAME?"

"It's Lexi Taylor, sir." Now if anyone would like to take the punishment for Ms. Taylor step forward." No one moved, I sighed as I stepped forward. "Ms. Danni! How surprised I am to see that you volunteered." How could he know?