Demonstration

**First Day of School**

"Okay guys, get with your partners and get in place," Patrick says, "Christian and Alex, Sammy and Abigal, Sean and Kat." He pairs everyone up.

"So you're my partner, new girl," Christian says.

"I've been dancing since I could walk, I don't think I'm the new one!" I say. I got en pointe and walk a circle around him. I do a handstand, stay there for a few seconds, then flip over into the splits.

"What? How?" he says, obviously astonished.

"I've been able to do that since I was ten," I say walking normal.

"Ethan, we don't have enough guys, will you be Tara's parter since you know the choreography?" Patrick asks.

"Sure," Ethan says. He gets up and walks over to Tara and gets into position.

Once everyone is in position, Patrick turns the music on, and we start dancing.

"Everyone, I want you to watch Christian and Alex!" Patrick says. He stops the music and everyone clears the floor.

Christian and I get back into position, and Patrick starts the music. We start dancing to the hip hop/habenero music.

"See how they move together? I want all of you to look like that."

We hit the last pose, which is where he is just standing, and I am en pointe and leaning over his shoulder, with my leg up, and he is holding my leg and waist.

"That was brilliant guys! Okay, class is out, but Christian, Alex, Sammy, Tara, and Kat I would like a word with you five," Patrick says. Everyone leaves and the five of us stay.

"What do you think he wants to talk to us about?" Christian whispers to me.

"I don't know, but I hope it's not something bad, it's only the first day!" I whisper back.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad! I was just going to propose something," Patrick says as he walks up to us.

"Umm... I'm only 15," Kat says, being her usual smart ass self.

"Not that kind of propose Kat, I want to offer you guys something," he says.

"Okay, what is it?" Christian asks, grabbing my hand for what I'm guessing, support, just in case.

"I want you and Alex to do you duet you just did, in the annual showcase, and as for Tara, I want you to do a solo for the showcase, and Kat and Sammy, I would love it if you did a duet too, then all of you would preform with the group I am choreographing for, how does that sound?" he says.

"That would be so cool!" Kat says.

"Christian?" I whisper.

"Why not? It could be fun!" he whispers back.

"So a yes from all of you?" Patrick asks.

"Yes!" we all say in unison.