Dancing Hurts

**Audition Week**

"Sammy! Shut up! I did not!" I say when my brother and I walk into the studio.

"You did to Alex!" Sammy says.

I roll my eyes and say, "Whatever!"

Sammy laughs and I walk away. I set my bag down next to a white bag. I dig my shoes out of my bag, and lay them on top of my bag. I sit down and start stretching.

"Hi, my name is Tara," a girl says sitting down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Alexandra, but people call me Alex," I say shaking her hand.

"Who are you roomed with?" she asks.

I lean over and grab my schedule out of the side pocket on my bag. I look at it, and say, "Is your last name Webster?"

"Yeah," she says sliding down into the splits.

"We're rooming together, room 515," I say.

"Awesome! Where are you from?" Tara asks.

I slide into my splits and say, "I'm a city girl, I've lived in Sydney my whole life."

"Really?" she asks, "You don't seem like you've lived here your entire life."

"Maybe because I have a twin brother and I am surprised that he came to audition with me!" I say standing up and putting my leg on the bar.

"You have a twin brother?" she asks doing the same thing.

"Yeah, I'll introduce you, come on!" I say grabbing her wrist and my shoes and taking off toward where Sammy is.

"Sammy!" I say to him, "Meet my friend Tara, Tara meet my astonishingly annoying twin brother Sammy!"

"I am not annoying!" Sammy says throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"Right, that's Ari, but you're my little brother, I'm suppose to say that kind of stuff!" I say ruffling his hair.

"You're only older by two minutes!" he says fixing his hair.

"Training bra!" a very attractive boy says walking up to us. Tara groans.

"What?" I ask her.

"I'll tell you later. Hi Christian," she says with a cheesy smile.

"Who's this?" he asks.

"My friend Alex, and her twin brother Sammy," she says.

"I'm Christian, nice to meet you," he says shaking Sammy's hand, then mine.