I saw him give me an angry glance as he walked out with his books. I almost pulled my tongue out at him but controlled myself quickly enough. As soon as he walked out, the whole class got into motion. The kids changed their places and sat beside their friends.

Surprisingly, Ali, instead of going to Andrew, came and sat down beside me.

"Thought you were missing me so I came here," he said, throwing me a wink that gave me goosebumps. I tried to give a sassy comment but the blush on my face didn't let me.

"Everyone's staring at us," I said as I noticed the gazes of everyone in the room. He looked around. "Yeah,"

Slowly, he smirked and moved a bit closer to me. "Why not give them a scene worth staring at then?" My eyes widened as he said that and before I could make assumptions about what he was going to do, his hand slipped behind me and landed on my shoulder. His face got closer to me and he pulled me nearer to him until my right shoulder touched his chest.

My flushed cheeks couldn't get much redder than that and I just sat frozen on my place with my hands clutching the hem of my shirt tightly.

"At least now they're looking for a reason, right?" he whispered in my ear, his deep voice making me flinch. I bit my lip nervously and tried to relax my shoulders but couldn't. The closeness between us didn't let me breathe. My shoulder could feel his fast heartbeat and it seemed like even he was feeling nervous.

Finally, Ali moved away.

"I think Brianna told everyone about us." He said casually as if trying to break the awkwardness. To act normal, I nodded quickly. "That's probably why..." I trailed off as I spotted Andrew looking at Ali with a deep scowl and angry eyes. I frowned in confusion. "Did something happen between you and Andrew?" I asked him.

Ali's eyes flashed with anger. "Why do you ask?" He tried to sound normal but I noticed the bitterness in his voice. "Well, Andrew doesn't look so happy about you sitting here with me," I told him, my eyes fixated on the mentioned person. Ali looked in the direction I was looking at and quickly turned to face me, anger clear on his face.

"That guy's a traitor," he replied. My frown grew. "Isn't he your best friend?" I asked him. He looked at me. "Don't call him that. He's anything but a friend." He almost snapped at me so I got quiet. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine. It's none of my concern." I was sort of feeling a bit irritated that he wasn't telling me the reason. Before I never cared what went on between Ali and his friends but now, I started to feel really curious about him and his company.

His face softened and I saw a look of regret. "Sorry, but it's not something you would want to know about." I was actually a bit surprised that he would consider telling me his personal matters. And I understood his situation, so I changed the topic. "Anyways, do you know what exactly Brianna told everyone?" I asked, to which he shrugged. "From what my friends said I think she just told everyone that you and I were girlfriend and boyfriend." He replied.

I nodded. "Seriously, what's the big deal? I don't see why people would be this shocked." I stated. Ali shook his head.

"I don't really blame them. You and I haven't been... Well... Best of friends from the start. Of course, everyone would be surprised." He explained. I laughed at that. "You can say that again."

The teacher entered soon and the lesson started. Thankfully, Ali was sitting beside me and it felt nice. I was starting to get used to the nervous feeling around him. And the butterflies he gave me. Don't ​forget the butterflies.

Ali quietly looked at the board but it seemed as if he wasn't paying attention to the teacher rather, thinking about something else. His expression told me that something was up between him and Andrew.