Chapter six

Shino just didn't seem like a relationship kind of guy.

A sharp blow was hit to his face and he spat a bit of blood away, wiping his mouth before launching another swift attack. He had to be careful with his chakra, slowly draining away like water dripping from a tap.

He doesn't ever talk about the nights. He never tells me what he feels.

He managed to land a blow onto Shino, but a wave of Kikai quickly forced him backwards. His dog barked and bit onto Shino's ankle. Even that did not gain a response. Bites... Shino could heal bites by himself with his kikai.

That night... he never said I love you. He won't say anything that isn't true... so does he not love me? I don't get this.

Kiba landed on the rough ground, coughing a bit. He forced a smile onto his face and rubbed his dirtied cheek.

"You won again," He said, wiping his sweat away. He always win. I don't have a say in anything.

"Hn," was all that Shino replied with. He held out a hand and helped Kiba onto his feet. Kiba was pulled up a little quickly and he bumped against Shino's shoulder. For a moment, Kiba thought he felt a spark of electricity between them.

"That's enough training for today," Shino said, dropping his hand and replacing it into his pocket. "Kurenai must still be training with Hinata."

"Yeah..." Kiba said dumbly.

"Want to go have lunch?"

Kiba blinked at Shino's monotone question, and suddenly a huge grin took over. "Is that a date?" He teased.

"No." Shino frowned a bit behind his glasses, and began to walk back to the village. "I always take you out for lunch."

Kiba's heart plummeted like a stone. He could even hear the stone plunk into the water helplessly and drown.

"Right," He muttered, following after Shino quickly. Akamaru padded alongside with him, nudging his ankle, but Kiba didn't feel like holding his dog inside his jacket. Not when his heart was hurting like this. Doesn't that sound lame...

XX

Shino noticed that Kiba seemed to look slightly down, ever since that night he had left without warning him.

Yet, Kiba still never dared to mention anything about the nights before. It was as if the whole entire situation never happened. Night and day, those were two seperate lifes. And worst of all Kiba believed that Shino wasn't serious.

As they were walking down the street's of Konoha, with Kiba being slightly scruffy from training, Shino slipped the little glass phial out of his pocket. He put a few drops onto his wrist. Kiba suddenly perked up and looked at Shino curiously.

"What's that?"

"Nothing," Shino assured, repocketing the item as soon as he rubbed the liquid onto his wrists.

"Is that perfume?" Kiba asked, grinning a bit in a silly way.

"No," Shino replied, slightly snappy. He sighed. "It's... well... you wanted..."

"Are you stammering?" Kiba halted, and Shino stood beside him. "Are you blushing too?" Kiba suddenly asked, sounding a little excited. He reached out to pull Shino's collar down but Shino slapped his hand away.

"Let me finish. It's something we call..."

"HI!"

A sudden voice interrupted them, and that very person happened to be Sakura. It was unusual for Sakura to pop out of nowhere, unless Sasuke was around...

"Sakura?" Kiba asked with confusion. Sakura latched himself onto Shino's arm for no reason, but Shino didn't look concerned about that.

"Wait, let me finish..." Shino said, raising his voice a little bit. Kiba raised an eyebrow and his dog barked.

"Sakura! What are you doing? Oh... hi Shino..." Ino appeared next to Sakura and tugged at his arm as well, giving him a simperingly sweet smile. Kiba looked more than slightly confused at the two girls hanging onto Shino's jacket.

"Shino?" He whispered a bit.

"My god," Shino muttered, pushing his glasses up his nose. A few girls standing nearby squealed.

"Eh?" Kiba choked. The street around them was beginning to fill with girls, all of them clamouring around one person. Shino. "Wh-what's going on..." He was shoved out the way by a few girls, landing on the ground. He stared in confusion.

"It's not what you think..." Kiba heard Shino say, but he frowned.

"Right."

Shino tried to follow Kiba as the Inuzuka got up and started to walk off in a huff. "Wait, Kiba..."

"Listen," Kiba spun around, causing them to bump into each other. "I don't know what the hell is going on here."

"What, wait... Kiba..." Shino's voice was starting to break away from it's normal monotone sound. However, all sound coming from his lips were promptly cut off by a random girl trying to kiss the daylight out of him.

It took a while to shove the girl off himself, since he was debating whether it was ok to hit a woman, then finally pushed her away. But by then, Kiba had already disappeared. Shino clenched his fists with slight frustration.

XX

Damn cheating bastard, Kiba growled in his thoughts, kicking the scruffy floor with his foot. His dog padded along beside him, confused at why his master was upset. Damn bastard never told me all those girls... fancied him... I mean, that's completely absurd.

He tried kicking a tree, but ended up stubbing his toe. He flopped down on the floor and leaned against the tree instead.

Girls hate bugs. Right? So what the hell was going on...

Suddenly his sharp sense for smell caught something from above. He jerked his head upwards, scanning the branches.

"Shino," He saw.

"Kiba, you didn't give me chance to explain," Shino said, dropping from the branch. He kneeled in front of Kiba, but Kiba wasn't trying to make eye contact. Instead he was fiddling with a dry piece of grass, tearing it down the middle.

"Explain what huh, that all of a sudden all the girls liked you when before they didn't? I mean, none of the girls ever liked you, or your bugs, that's just weird, insane." Kiba blurted, glaring harder and harder at the piece of grass. "I mean, everyone know's you're just weird."

Shino gave a small sigh, tilting Kiba's face up. "Kiba... you know that night before..."

Kiba froze and looked into his eyes. He's going to mention it now? Suddenly he felt extremely fidgity, his heart was racing and he could feel a blush rise to his cheeks, but only slight.

"What about it?" He mumbled.

Shino leaned forward and kissed Kiba on the nose quietly. He breathed quietly on his cheek, before moving to his his lips. Then his neck, and now his fingers were undoing his zip to his jacket. He only got halfway until Kiba pushed him off. Right, so it's just sex to him.

"Kiba, don't... I mean it's just..."

"I don't want to know," Kiba stood up abruptly, rezipping his jacket up quickly and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Maybe... Maybe this won't work out afterall. I mean it was fine at night and all... but this won't work."

"Kiba," Shino reached out and touched his shoulder. Kiba shrugged his hand away.

"Why can't you just... just show me what you feel like. You never do, to anyone. Am I just an anyone to you?"

"Since when were you so deep?"

Kiba froze.

"Kiba, I didn't mean it like that..."

"Yeah no, it's fine, I know, I'm not intellectual enough for you and all, I'm only good for..." Kiba choked. I'm only good for a fuck right? He felt Shino's hand touch his cheek and felt burning. "Don't touch me, I might get nits," He blurted stupidly, before his eyes welled up and he ran off, his dog barking and running after him.