Chapter 2

Lilibeth's POV:

          The team got as many people as we could to protest down the streets. It successfully distracted the security people, so then we entered the back of the castle. Another person pounded on the front door, distracting from the subtle tampering that was needed to infiltrate the castle. We sprinted up the stairs, peeking around every corner for guards ready to ambush our team. I exploded into the large closet, quickly grabbing Leilani and escorting her away from her parents. As I sprinted carrying Princess Leilani many roses caught my sides, but the pain would have to be pardoned for now. I was on a mission. A mission to change Bendnostia.

       Barron reveals my true identity, and I cringe. Hopefully Leilani didn't catch that. I pulled her into the trailer asking her sarcastic comments. Her face remained calm, and I get frustrated. I had tried to annoy Leilani but she wouldn't budge. Her tears are well deserved. Princess Leilani didn't know nor care that I had cried myself to sleep many moons. Barron banged on the side of the trailer, signaling we were about to take off. The hidden seat belts were on one side, meaning I had to sit next to her. I walked over and sat, startling her as I reached over Leilani's shoulder to grab the seatbelt. I nodded my head, signaling that she was supposed to place it around her shoulders and waist. Her once beautiful dress was now dirty and ruined. I laughed, knowing she probably had never even seen dirt. She looked sad and hopeless, how I had felt. Defeated and worthless. I never answered her question. "Why". What a stupid question. That one would have to wait. I giggled when I heard the ignition growling. The ship sped off, and Leilani's eyes widened. Her lips were sewed together. I finally took a deep breath and began. "Well, this is going to be a long ride so you had better start talking." Her eyes kept forward, like I was merely a fly buzzing over her head. "Princess. Talk. Now. Or, else." She gulped, and I knew she was deciding whether to talk or not. Instead of talking she bursted into tears.I jerked my head back, this was going to take a while. Not this!. I looked above and saw a palace guard circling over head. Barron would've flown faster, but the trailer was weighing it down. Leilani gasped, and immediately unbuckled her seat belt. She quickly stood, waving her arms up and around, signaling she was trapped. Huh, like that would work. We swerved toppling the princess over to her side. She clawed her way up, keeping her hand tight to the trailer wall this time. She jumped, even banged on the window. I had enough. I pulled her down, and looked out the window. We were in a forest. I typed in the code, 030804 and the trailer door opened. I held Leilani, gritted my teeth tighter and prepared myself for the jump. I bit the bullet, and did it.

        She screamed. I looked down, finding a good placement for my legs to be in when we landed. We accelerated towards the ground, and hit hard dirt. Leilani tumbled and tried to run, but she was dizzy from rolling. She stumbled on a branch. I thought Leilani would know better. I crawled, immediately grabbing her leg. I sat down, pulling my pack away from my arms. I scrambled in the bag, looking for my walkie talkie. I checked all the pockets, but I could find nothing. How was I supposed to communicate to them our coordinates? This would be nearly impossible and we would attract the palace guards if we start a fire or any attraction to signal we were there. Ugh. I knew if we followed the Trail it would be easier. But, if I could remember the shortcut it would take a significant less time. I didn't take the risk. If I forgot a turn, we could be lost in the forest forever. Leilani was limping.  "Leilani, are you alright?", I ask. "Really, that is odd hearing from my kidnapper.",Leilani snarks. "Sit down please." She sits down on a stump pulling up her nightgown, still a dress in my opinion. How that could be comfortable, I wouldn't know. It was swollen, bad. I gently swung her ankle, it moved signifying it wasn't broke. Leilani's ankle was definitely sprained though. There were a few medical things in my bag. Before I taped her up I took out green cargo pants and a burgundy hoodie. I handed her the clothes and she went behind the tree. She stepped out. If it wasn't for her royal stature, I would think she was just a common girl. She bent down again, and I tightly tied the medical tape around her ankle. She winced and bit down on her tongue.
          What the heck was that? Howling came from all directions. On the right was a river, on the left 100 yards back were trees. I sprinted grabbing Leilani with me. The wolves came fast, and so did my adrenaline. I put my foot on the branch and it broke. Agh!! I clawed and jumped and made it to the next branch. Leilani hanging over my shoulder definitely didn't help. I panted, resting my head on the trunk. The wolves paced around the tree. Ha! They didn't know I had food and water in my pack. Oh no! My freaking pack lied at the bottom of the forest floor.  The wolves barked, sending chills down my spine. "For someone so brave I can't believe you're scared." "I'm not scared Leilani, I'm just cautious. And besides, if you're not scared then why don't you go down there?", I shot back fiercely. "Point taken.", she said.

        She pulled a mirror out of her waist band. "Do you always have that handy?", I asked. She rolled her eyes. I laughed and went to Leilani. I can't believe I laughed. I hated Princess Leilani. I looked in the mirror. We looked kin. A thought flashed across my mind. No, it couldn't be. It can't be. We looked like sisters. "What? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?", Leilani said. "Are we sisters?". How could I be a 10 and she be a 1? It didn't make sense.