I barked a laugh at her wise choice of words.

"If you feel at home though, why'd you get up so early today? I almost freaked out when I couldn't feel you next to me," she admitted aloud, not afraid nor shy that I would start mocking her. . . because she probably already realized I wouldn't do that to her. Ever. How could I even bear to do so.

"Don't freak out for nothing," I blew out air from my nostrils, laughing lightly. "I'm never going anywhere without you." And almost a second after I'd said that, I felt her entire body stiffening against mine. I became conscious about the surroundings, but mostly of the way she was feeling. I had no clue what was going on.

"Lana!" She chirped happily, making me freeze this time round as I instinctively got up on my two feet, standing closely behind Beth in a protective manner. It's hard for me, not to be extremely aware whenever someone like her is around the people I love. God, Beth is never leaving my sight ever.

"Hey babe!" Lana greeted just as enthusiastic, bringing my girlfriend close for a quick hug. I lowered my head to cringe for a second before raising it back up to eye her warily.

"Hi," I said, probably sounding stone hard but I didn't care. As long as Beth knew I had something against her, I'm allowed to be curt, with manners. Manners to spare Beth the embarrassment of her boyfriend being overly immature. "What are you doing here."

"Someone's happy to see me," Lana joked, earning back an awkward laugh from Beth as I rolled my eyes. "Who got your panties in a twist, Biebs?'

"Will you just," I pulled my shit together. "The fuck are you here for."

"Your girlfriend, actually," she raised her eyebrows, sighing. "I was thinking a day out with her—"

"Ha ha," I laughed out loud, keeping my eyes strained on hers. "Nice try, no."

"No, I'm sorry, Lana," Beth apologized, pushing me behind as she regained her attention. "Justin and I have got stuff to do in the house today so it isn't really convenient. Maybe some other time?"

"Oh," Lana drew back for a second. "I'm actually flying back tonight, so I thought maybe we could go out to get Starbucks or something, like what we used to do back when we first met. It's been a while, don't you think?" She sighed right after, making me slant my eyes at her in disbelief. She would do this, wouldn't she?

"Did you not listen to what has been said?" I raised an eyebrow, containing a glare at her. Every second that she's around is every second that I'm paranoid and overly aware of everything. "Look, just leave us alone—"

"The last time I checked, I came here for your girlfriend and not you," she snapped back, throwing me the darkest look. . . what I recalled as the one she gave me the last time I allowed Caitlin to leave with her. Oh, God. . . no. Fuck, if I left Beth be, I'd never be able to forgive myself. . . Ever.

Entwining my fingers with Beth's, I drew her back to my side and sent a shake of my head towards Lana before walking towards the door, feeling my hand being squeezed gently on the way which made me feel ensured. I was this close to slapping her face. . . but unfortunately, I didn't allow that side of me to get to me.