Ten

Beth:

I hate this.

Yes, this is me admitting that I feel thoroughly strange without being bothered by Justin, because to be quite frank, his turmoils have grown on me, and. . .

Ugh, I can't stop feeling uneasy, goddammit.

Oh, and not to forget how good my heart feels when he intentionally looks past my eyes to avoid looking at me. Ha ha, I feel so happy I think I'm about to fall on my knees and start sobbing as I attempt digging the floor for a deep hole to hide in.

No. I feel terrible. If not, worse than terrible, for fuck's sake.

Right, and not to forget that we're actually supposed to sleep on the same bed. Just let me absorb that in before you do. So, to let him calm down, I think I'll just accompany Harry until morning―since the poor guy usually has to drive while everyone's asleep. I honestly feel bad for him.

Therefore, until Justin decides to come into the room, I'll stay here and carry on being the novelist I imagine myself to be. And it feels pretty good, too, honestly. Because whenever something happens that makes me depressed, I usually end up with. . .

Well, really good, really emotional ideas and perfect lines for the story. Which, would mean at the moment you could kind of expect a really good chapter from me, hm.

'Oh, there she is again, being a leech by sticking to himhe deserves better. Hell, he could do better and yet he chose. . .' She heard another girl mutter to her friend as she walked past the both of them, hand-in-hand with him. The harder she tried not to cringe at her words, the more she found herself trying to slide her hand out of her grip.

I paused, frowning as I felt my chest tighten slightly.

'Babe, just ignore them, okay? They're just jealous you're humble, you're real and you're you,' readjusting their fingers, he reeled her in closer, giving her a quick peck on the head as she tried, she really tried hard to believe his words. 'Don't let their words drag you down,' he whispered.

'It's just difficult, you know?' She said, slightly below a whisper that made her voice sound inaudible. 'It just gets so tiring. . .'

"I'm not going to write his part today," I muttered quietly, quickly saving the entire document, "I think I might end up crying again." Yes, I do speak to myself because I tend to rant. I don't see that as a problem though, do you?

"Beeeeeth!" I heard Alfredo's voice outside the room, making my back straighten in an instant. "Girl, you asleep or some?"

"No, no," I hurriedly responded, hoping it was loud enough, "I'm just writing. Come on in, the door isn't locked."

Eyeing the door as it was slowly pushed open, Alfredo kept it ajar, just wide enough for him to stick his head into the room. He looked worried, yet simultaneously curious, which made me feel bemused. "I just wanted to ask if you're hungry? You haven't eaten all day, and there's a whole table of food just behind me."

I paused for a second to hear if my stomach was rumbling. "Nope, I'm fine―just a little thirsty. Thanks though, Fredo," I smiled gratefully, even though I'm sure it didn't even touch my eyes. 

This time, pushing himself fully into the room, he shut the door behind him and tilted his head to a side as his arms made their way crossed above his chest. "Okay, what's up with you. The Beth I met seven days ago wasn't so antisocial. Did something happen between you and Justin, or?"