Chapter 13: Cloak and Dagger

Start from the beginning

Dobby nodded, his eyes huge and his ears flapping. "Dobby has all of it, sir. It will be added into dessert as soon as it's being made."

"Good, thanks Dobby."

Dobby looked absolutely ecstatic at being thanked, and promptly popped away again. The Recruits got into a carriage and after about ten minutes, they were seated at their respective tables, eager to both see the results of their prank, and to possibly find out more about their mystery Heir. Once dessert arrived, Fred and George were practically bouncing in their seats. Ten minutes in, there was suddenly lots of clashing colours everywhere. Most of the people's hair was either yellow, which meant they were happy, or orange, which meant they were calm and peaceful. Some teachers' hair was a dark brick red, which stood for anger, and Dumbledore appeared to be exceptionally so. As soon as the prank struck, many people's hair turned green, for envy, and those involved in the prank were varying shades of purple, which meant pride. However, the funniest to look for were the pink people. Harry noticed that Percy and Oliver were an astoundingly hot pink, so obviously their relationship was going well. He knew that if he looked over at the twins right now, he'd see them very obviously congratulating each other, and one glance at the Head Table caused him to notice that a light blue-haired McGonagall was already making her way down to the twins. Harry had to stop himself from laughing out loud at the colour she was sporting, for it clearly indicated that she found the prank extremely humerous, and was probably holding back laughter.

"Misters Weasley, you will come with me and explain yourselves," intoned McGonagall, and that was when the twins saw her hair colour, and their hair promptly became a very light blue as well. They were escorted out of the room, and then a still brick-red Dumbledore (his face now almost matched his hair) stood at the podium and bade the students to go to their common rooms. Draco and Harry snuck away from their housemates when they got to the Entrance Hall, and were quickly joined by Luna and Blaise. The five of them quickly entered the closest empty classroom, where Draco, Luna, and Harry hid themselves under the latter's Invisibility Cloak, which he'd taken from his trunk and slipped into his robe pocket shortly before they'd arrived at Hogsmeade Station. He was extremely glad that the Cloak was so lightweight and compact, otherwise they would have had to go up to their dorm to get it first.

Blaise walked down a few dungeon corridors, seemingly alone, then stopped in front of what seemed to the others like a blank wall. He whispered something to it and, to their amazement, the wall, or rather a door concealed in the wall, slid open. Blaise walked through it, and the three hidden students hurried in behind him. The Slytherin common room was a long, low room, made up of rough stone walls. The similarly textured ceiling had round, greenish lamps hanging off it on chains, giving the entire room a cold, formal, slightly eerie feel. Ahead of them, they saw an elaborately carved mantelpiece, the fireplace under which contained a merrily crackling fire. The common room seemed to be split into two areas; the studying section, which consisted of numerous desks and chairs, and a few bookshelves, and the section obviously designed for relaxation, which was filled with green leather couches and armchairs.

After taking the room in, the three noticed that Blaise had seated himself on a couch close to the fire, and was currently reading a book. The rest of the common room was almost bustling with relaxing teenagers, however the majority still upheld a regal air despite the change in hair colour. Unfortunately for the three spies, most of them had light grey hair, which signified slight anxiety. Only three people in the whole common room had black hair, which showed the presence of dark thoughts: Blaise, Marcus Flint, and a sixth year girl. However, the girl only had black hair when she looked at a nearby boy, and whenever he accidentally met her death stare, his hair became very dark blue, which signified sorrow, so it seemed like they'd just broken up. Blaise's dark thoughts could also be easily explained away, so that just left Flint.