Harry and Hermione

Chapter 1

After the war against Tom Riddle, everthing went back to normal. Since Ron, Hermione, and I had missed our seventh year of Hogwarts, we decided to go and join Ginny and Luna to finish school. Hermione thinks that things we do in our seventh year are important for after Hogwarts. I was sitting with Hermione in our compartment while Ron and Lavenderwere snogging in a compartment close by. Your probably wondering what happened to Hermione and Ron. Well, after that kiss during the battle of Hogwarts, they decided it meant nothing and went there seperate ways. Ginny fell in love with Neville Longbottom during her sixth year during our little Horcrux chase. I had a talk with her and told her I wasn't angry. The truth is, I am totally in love with Hermione but I don't think she feels the same way. That is why I talked the others into leaving her and I alone so I could talk to her. Its been quiet for almost a whole hour because I was busy thinking of how to tell her I want to be her boyfriend. I contemplating what I was going to say but Hermione broke the silence.

"I can't wait till we get back to Hogwarts. I heard that The Head boy and girl get there own rooms in the Room of Requirement. But Professor Mcgonagal won't tell me who Head boy is. I just hope it's somebody I can get along with." She said thoughfully.

I was laughing quietly to myself because of my little secret. I haven't told anbody that I am Head boy, not even Mrs. Weasley or Mr. Weasly know about it.

"I'm sure that whoever it is will be a good roommate. Just remember to not get carried away in the rooms," I joked.

"Be quiet, Harry. This is serious. I'll to live with this guy for a whole year so it has to be a guy I can get along with," She said urgently.

I nodded my head and we went quiet staring out the window as the country side went by. I notice Hermione shivering so I moved to sit next to her and wrapped my arm around her. I pulled her to my side and watched as she slowly started to warm up.

"Thanks," She said with a smile.

"Anytime. Anywhere.Anything." I said staring deeply into her eyes.

We sat there for hours, enjoying each others company. When we arrived at Hogwarts, we were about to go into the Great Hall for the feast but Professor Mcgonnagal came walking up to us.

"You two need to come with me to my office," She said.

"Of course, Professor," Hermione answered.

We followed her to her office and watched as she spoke the password allowing it to open. We entered the room and sat across from Professor Mcgonnagal. She cleared her throat before she started speaking.

"Miss. Granger, I have already told you about the changes to the Head boy and girl quarters. And now I have brought you here to tell you who the Head boy is," She said with a hint of smile.

Hermione's face lightened up like a christmas tree when she heard that. I couldn't staring at her in complete awe. I was wishing I could stroke her cheek and kiss her pink, full lips but I held myself back.

"Who is it Professor? Is it somebody from Gryffindor? Hufflepuff? Ravenclaw? Slytherin? I just really have to know if it is somebody I'll get along with." She said in a rush.

"Hermione," I whispered.

"Yes, Harry," She answered.

"You have to give time to tell us who it is," I told her with a loving expression.

She blushed scarlet and went silent.

"Miss. Granger, the Head boy this year is....Mr. Potter," She announced with a grin.

"Harry, why didn't you tell me?" She asked me.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," I answered.

"I will let you go straight to your room if you wish to. The password to get into your quarters is Chocolate Frog. Your dismissed." She stated.

We rose up from our chairs and exited the office. We walked down to the Room of Requirement and asked for the common room. We stood there as it transformed into a brown door wit a lion knocker.

"Chocolate Frog," I said, smiling sweetly at Hermione.

The door opened and we walked in. The commonroom had a couch in the shape of a u that faced a roaring fire. I noticed across the room was three doors. I walked up and opened the first door. I looked around and noticed that it was Gryffindor colored and very girly. I shut the door and checked the others. The middle door is the bathroom and the third room is my room. I felt sad that I would be sleeping by myself. What I really wanted to do was sleep cuddled up with Hermione. It was late so Hermione went into her room. I waited for an hour practicing my magic before going into Hermione's room. She laying on her side facing the wall so I couldn't tell if she was sleeping or not. I went into the bathroom and changed into my pajamas with a snitch on the front. They were the ones Hermione had gotten me last year and I've warn them ever since. I went back into Hermione's room to find her watching me as I entered. I stood there for a second before she broke the silence.

"What's wrong, Harry?" She asked, sounding concerned.

"Can I sleep in here for the night," I asked nervously.

She sat silent for so long, I was going to take it as a no. I turned aroun and was about to leave when she called out my name. I turned around and smiled sheepishly at her.

"I would like some company," She said.

I grinned happily and walked over to her. I slipped underneath the covers and rolled onto my side to stare at Hermione. She lay on her side do, returning my gaze. I watched as her eyes drooped and she fell asleep. I laid in silence for a few minutes before falling asleep also.