Chapter 23

Lausyn's POV
Playlist is now over, and I'm still upset.

I haven't talked to my mom ever since that yelling fest we had a couple days ago.

"Lausyn?" I hear from the outside of my bedroom door.

"No, I'm not talking to you. I'm going to school." I say and walk downstairs, passing her.

"Well you're going to have talk to me sometime! I'm your mother!" She yells and I roll my eyes, walking out of the front door.

I sigh and walk to school.

Once I reach the building, I look up at the immature guys whistling at me. Well, I was in a mini skirt and a maroon crop top.

"Back off dogs. She's taken." I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around.

There stood my best friend, Gabby.

"Gabby!" I yell and run into her arms.

"Hey chipmunk" she smiles and wraps her arms around me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry for ignoring you." I apologize.

"It's all good." She smiles,"but guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm coming back to this school!"

"What!? Really!?" I exclaim.

"Yeah!" She smiles and I embrace her again.

"That's awesome!" I laugh,"but we better get to class."

"Right, yeah." She laughs and we walk to first period.

**
I walk out of the school building and hear whispers.

I turn around and decide to stand up for myself.

"What are you talking about now, huh?" I yell, which makes them jump.

"Noth-"

"Right. Nothing." I say sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"I'm so sick of your little whispers you do when I walk by you! What's so important that you can't tell me!? I know I'm ugly! Stop trying to remind me that I hate myself! You never know what's going on in someone's life! Don't be the straw that breaks the camel's back." I snap and walk off.

I hope that knocked some sense into them.

I keep walking but stop when someone grabs my wrist.

Hunter.

"Get away fro-"

"Shut up, slut." He snaps and I huff.

"No, how about you shut up and let go of me!" I yell and yank my wrist out of his hand. I start to walk away.

"Someone's PMSing.." he teased.

I stop and turn around. I run up to him and punch him in the face, which causes him to fall backwards. I also kick him in the no-no zone.

"You messed with the wrong girl, man." I hear one of his friends mumble, helping him up.

"You're darn right you did" I growl and walk off.

"You'll pay for this Lausyn McBride!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that. I don't speak idiot!" I yell and everyone 'oh's.

I walk off and spot Gabby standing at the edge of the sidewalk.

"Gabs!" I yell to get her attention.

"Oh hey Lausyn!" She greets and hugs me.

"Did you see that? I totally took out Hunter. It feels so good to punch someone; I want to go back and punch him again." I say and pretend to punch someone.