Chapter Two: The Dreaded News

Start from the beginning

Slytherin house was the first to be dismissed, Tom and Aika Arakawa, as house prefects, led them to the Dungeons, as they exited the Great Hall the first years all talked amongst themselves about how excited they were for starting lessons.

Ophelia didn't hear much of the chatter as a soon as Tom wasn't looking back in her direction she slipped away towards the small statue outside the entrance to the Great Hall.

She watched as the next house to be dismissed was Ravenclaw, she watched Morgandy and Archer Carr leading the Ravenclaw students out of the hall and they quickly caught eyes, Morgandy just shook her head and laughed quietly to herself.

Within two minutes of Ravenclaw being dismissed Hufflepuff were out with Dove and Sullivan Fawley leading the way. Ophelia smiled as she came to the realisation that all the first years were the same height as Dove.

Finally, Gryffindor was dismissed and out came Emory with Parisa Wright leading the way, he looked over to where Ophelia was and signalled to follow behind. As the sixth years followed behind at the back of the group she rushed over to Nicole and Elowen and tried to blend herself in with the Gryffindor's.

"Ophelia Lockwood, don't you think you should have left with the rest of your filthy house 15 minutes ago?" Lyra Gabriel spat, Ophelia was too kind in that respect to class her as her 'arch enemy' but she did merely dislike the young French witch.

"Watch your mouth, Lyra, before I hex you into next week!" Nicole spoke up defending her friend. Lyra just simply scoffed, giving the two girls a dirty look before simply turning back to Avalon Chavez, the two girls laughed with each other as they continued to walk on.

Elowen pulled out her wand to Lyra and Avalon, and proceeded to cast out; "Muffliato." She paused for a minute until she finally spoke again. "I don't understand how anyone could be so pathetic."

"I actually hate the girl, I don't see why you put up with her or why you have not hexed her yet, Ophelia, she's a rat," Nicole replied to Elowen's comment on the French witch.

"That's true, but girls, I respect that you don't like someone just because I don't but, that does not mean you have to defend me or go off on my experiences with them to judge whether you like them or not, I often wonder why you're in Gryffindor, Nick, you do have some Slytherin traits." Ophelia laughed.

"So were my parents! My father's side of the family are a long line of Slytherins, all except my dad," Nicole confessed, "and you know what that means, they're misanthropes. They were disgusted by me, all because my best friend is a muggleborn."

"You are aware that a misanthrope is someone who hates all humans?" Elowen asked.

"I am, they basically hate everyone who is not a pure-blood or a Slytherin, my father always talks how he is not as close to his brothers as he used to be all because he himself is a Gryffindor."

Elowen brought down her wand and placed it back in her inner pocket in her robe. The girls continued to walk in silence until they reached the moving staircase. You could hear the first years gasp in awe as they began to descend up the stairs.

"Hurry now, you do not want to miss the stairs. They move on their own accord." Emory spoke to the first years.

Ophelia turned towards her two friends and waved goodbye as she went to a different set of stairs, the two girls waved back and Nicole smirked at her friend with wide eyes. Ophelia just shook her head and continued to walk up the stairs that began to move. When the stairs stopped at the next platform she watched Emory talk to the students about the door password as she waited for the next set of stairs to come.