Ice Cream and Red Hair

Start from the beginning

George looked at me in the eye and then looked at the ground.

"Where the hell when you been, 'Mione I've been so scared. I missed you. "

Suddenly I was enveloped in the smell of warm cinnamon and ginger.
"I've been. I left. I'm sorry I'm so sorry.
I had to go find my--" I paused and took an breath. "My parents. Um you should probably sit down."
He slid into the nearest booth and Blaise pulled a a chair to the edge of it.

As Florian came back I lowered my voice.

"Well um- my parents I went to find them. It took me months and I searched and searched. I went alone. I didn't want to bother anyone. No one came looking so I just went on but had to make it right. I had to find my parents and eventually I found them. Sort of.... They - um they died."

He moved to say he was sorry and I put my hand up in a stopping motion. It was a conversation that would be severely postponed by 'I'm sorry's' if time was given for then to be said. So it was best if they weren't allowed time.

"I was their only child and so I went to their house. Most of it was left intact, but there were just a few things I wanted. Things I needed to see. I was searching through their stuff and I found this old box in the bottom of a closet. I found this journal and letters. I found out I was adopted. I found out that I wasn't their biological child. Everything was so uncertain, every part of my life for the past few years has been uncertain. So I needed something concrete.  So I found the address and decided to fine them. I did find them."

George looked at me, his face full f anticipation.

"They weren't who I thought they would be. After gaining proof I found that the Zabini's were my real family. I didn't want to believe it at first- but they've all grown in me. I found out Blaise was,,, is my brother. I just found out awhile ago and I know it doesn't make the best sense. I'm trying to wrap my head around it myself. "

George stared at his hands.
"I get why you didn't tell us you were leaving. I don't like it, but I know you didn't want to get in the way. I wish you would've told me though. 'Mione I missed you so much."

"I'm sorry George.-"

"Wait I have a question though. Why didn't you tell us you came back?"

The reason had been pulling at the edges of my heart and brain for a while now. But I had pushed it away. It wasn't a good thought but now, the question had been audibilized the answer crept fully to the front of my brain.

"No one tried to find me and..." I paused knowing how pitiful it would sound if it came out of my mouth. But I said it anyways. "...I didn't think anyone would want me here. Want me back. "

George furrowed his brow.
"'Mione. I wanted you to come back so bad. Everyone told me that I was overreacting and that you would come back but. I tried to find you. I sent owls to everyone who might know where you were. But it was right after the war and --there were so many people gone anyways. I came here almost everyday looking for you. I brought Ginny sometimes. But I think she was more here to make sure I didn't lose it. But Harry and Ron.... they didn't--- um., I'm sorry."

"It's fine, thanks for--you know." I said quietly.

"I know it a lot all at once but, I wanted to tell you." I said with I small smile.

"So........ yeah." George said softly.

"Yeah....." I answered.

The air seemed to be completely silent.
"You're not going to leave me for them are you?"his voice was serious.