Ice Cream and Red Hair

As Florian sighed in defeat and retreated to the stock room, presumably hiding, I took a step forward.

"George?" The word came out hushed and almost invisible.

But it was enough.

He whipped around and his face searched mine, looking for a hint of something familiar. He soon landed on one conclusion.

"....is this some joke. It's not funny Zabini. You need to leave before I do something we'll both regret. "

Blaise glanced at me, hoping I had the answers to what George was thinking.
"Sorry, I'm confused you think I did what exactly?"

George advanced towards Blaise.

"Brought this girl here. Someone who looks almost like Hermione. Someone who is almost her, in order to-I don't know make me upset or pass her off or something else and -"

"George will you stop it's me. "  I said stepping between them.

"You're not her! I know her and I know how she looks and I know she wouldn't have left I know-" he rambled.

"George," I began again. "Listen to me. Please it's a long story and-"

"Don't lie to me! Why would anyone do this!? - what kind of person do you have to be to-"

"George!" The volume of my voice caught him off guard.
"If I can prove to you- if I can prove that I'm Hermione. Because I am. Will you listen to me?"

He stood there. His eyes sunken and sad. His shoulders slumping.

"Fine." He grunted.

"Okay. Um-" I searched my mind for something that would prove it an stumbled upon my years at school.

"When I was in school you and Fred were the only ones who could make me smile if I was angry at Harry and Ron. You let me help with you pranks when I was afraid they were too dangerous, so you let me work to make the reverse of them. You were there with me when I left studies one day because Draco had pushed a little too far past he line and you followed me into the girls bathroom even though you shouldn't have." I needed something closer, something that I no one could make up.

"Uh when I was in fourth year! In my fourth year, Fred told us both he was bisexual and therefore he could flirt with whoever the hell he wanted, so we should get of his arse about him flirting with everyone. You almost asked me to the Yule Ball because you knew we would have fun and you wanted me to be happy. You said that I deserved to be happy. You said I deserved a break , from everything, and you told Krum that if he hurt me he would have to go through the entirety of there Weasley clan."

The next memory hurt, but it was necessary, "You're the first person I told about my parents ...about what I did to them." I took a step forward.
"and it was by accident. Ron had said something about how bad his parents were and Bill said he should be grateful for your parents and I mumbled 'at least you have some.' And Fred and you dragged me out of dinner that night to explain it and Fred made me swear that I'd never do something like that to you two because you would miss me too much even if you didn't know who I was. Both of you were always like that, cheering me up in a snap. 
When..."

I hesitated, was this too far? But I looked at George and I knew that it was something I definitely couldn't make up. "--- when Fred died. You told me you didn't think anything was worth it because you lost the only person who ever cared about you..." I paused for a second.

"And I told you I cared about you. That I wasn't going to leave you. Then I left because I was stupid, but I had something to take care of. But that was no excuse. That is no excuse." Tears we're selling up not threatening to spill over, like a damn ready to burst.