The Crash

Yesterday will be the day I will never forget.

The day my life turned upside down.

The day of the plane crash.

My name is Carissa and this is what happened that made my life a living hell.

******

My English class was going on a trip to Australia because we won an essay contest. We even got our own private jet! The jet was so cool. It had a jacuzzi, flat screen TV and most importantly, shrimp!

We were all sitting in the jet, ready to go when our pilot came in. He looked like a really nice guy in his crisp uniform and slicked back hair. He greeted us and stopped immediately when his eyes fell on Mrs. Walton, our teacher. They glared at each other with something in their eyes that showed they knew each other.

Then, he just left to the cockpit without another word, leaving us all confused as to what just happened. When we asked Mrs. Walton, all she told us was that they had a bad history and that's it.

I wanted to ask more about it. I mean, that pilot was pretty hot and it looks like something went on with our teacher, if you know what I mean ;) Mustve been a pretty good story. But I just left it at that because nobody messes with them English teachers.

We were in the air for a while flying comfortably, when we heard the pilot's voice over the intercom.

He said in a chilling voice, "This one's for you Mrs. Walton."

Suddenly, the plane dived downwards, making us tumble over each other. There were shrimp and jacuzzi water flying everywhere as the ground grew closer. I panicked and tried to fasten my seat belt with my shaking hands. In the craze of the airplane falling, I looked back to see how high we were and saw one of the wings of the wings of the plane on fire. I screamed, only to have my mouth get full of flying shrimp.

I felt the fear rise in my body and take over my thoughts. All I could think of was that I was going to die, that this was the end.

I felt us diving downwards towards the ground with that feeling that my stomach was a bottomless pit and it was going down down down, just like the plane. I could hear my heartbeat pounding through my ears. Everybody's screams sounded so far away. I clutched onto the armrests to the sides of me and held on for dear life. I shut my eyes so I wouldn't see the terror of the scene before me.

Just as I thought the fall would never end, the plane dived into the ground, throwing up dirt and grass around it.

The impact was jarring. My head went forward so much I felt like I had broken my neck. I snapped my eyes open and immediately wished I hadn't.

When I looked up briefly, I saw my classmate, Isley, fly over my head and into the cockpit's front window, the fear plastered on his face was unmistakeable as he flew through the air. The glass shattered and Isley went straight through it, disappearing somewhere under the plane in a tumble of dust, dirt, and tall grass.

Everyone was screaming as the plane bounced along the ground, throwing us around inside it.

As the plane dragged along the ground, we hit a tree and I hit my head on the chair in front of me.

Everything went black.