Ch.4

I woke up to my annoying alarm clock. Ugh. School sucks so many dicks. I rolled over and noticed Chris wasn't in bed anymore.

I got up and looked around. He wasn't here anymore but there was a note on the fridge.

I went to go get clothes. I'll be back soon.

Love Chris.

It read. I shrugged and went to go get dressed. I opened my closet and noticed another note, laying on a pile of neatly folded clothes.

You should wear this today.

It said. Seriously? Is there anymore notes? I looked around and noticed another one on my vanity.

When you see me. Ask me about this necklace. (This is the last note.)

Necklace? I looked back at my vanity and noticed a new jewelry box sitting there. I opened it and gasped. It was a dark velvet red diamond, incased in a thick metal woven around the outside, it had a thick black chain connected to it.

It's absolutely beautiful. I put it on and it glowed a magnificent blood red.

"It's been in my family for generations." Chris's voice made me jump.

I turned around and he was leaning against the door frame. I noticed he had a ring like the necklace he gave me on. It was also glowing.

"When the two mates put either one of these on, they glow like this. In about five minutes they'll quit glowing and the only time they glow is if your distressed. Not everyone has these. Just my family. My great grandfather made them. He wanted to know if my great grandmother was ever in stress before they made the mark on each other." Chris finished

"It's beautiful." I whispered as I stared at it. Chris walked up behind me and placed his hands on my hips.