Chapter 3: Part 2

Start from the beginning

“Wwwhat’s in it?” I said staring at the bag hard enough to of ripped a hole into it. He shrugged sending a glance behind at me where I was following them.

“Just grenades” He said so casually, I took a big gulp, how he said It so casually was enough to send goose bumps down my back, I carried on after them paying careful attention to the bag. Soon enough Jay stopped by a black Volkswagen 7 seater.

“This seems good enough,” looking back at us he carried on “We have to get in quick they may be back any second.”

Everyone loaded into the van, last going in I looked to my left when I saw a white van coming, thinking it was their van, I jumped into the car, and quickly warned the others. Immediately Jay swerved out of the parking spot and did a u turn before speeding away from the van that receded. I looked behind through the back screen of the car and watched the van turn into another road. Embarrassed I turned around sheepishly.

“Guys, I might’ve mislead you, the van wasn’t the one chasing us earlier, I’m sorry.”  Jay relaxed and loosened his grip on the steering wheel the car slowing down a bit, but still going at an incredibly fast pace. Noah turned around, and smiled;

“It’s okay, at least it wasn’t after us, and by now they are more than far away from us.” At that I relaxed, and smiled back, she was right at least we were out of danger. I looked over at Nico, who took me into an uncomfortable headlock due to the small space we had in the back of the car. Thinking about the car, I shoved Nico away and looked at Noah who was still looking us.

“Noah, how are we going to return the car to its owner?” Jay answered my question.

“We won’t be.” I scowled at the answer I received and stared at the back of his head before crossing my arms and looking out of the window, watching many normal civilians go by in there cars.

I started to think about today, how could it have gone so wrong within an hour or so, I estimated. I felt home sick all of a sudden, even though I had known Nico and Noah for a week now, they all were still strangers to me.

What was going to happen after this? What would happen to my family? Where their lives in danger as well? I really hope not. I was snapped out of my worrying thoughts by a loud bump that made the car swerve. Noah and Jay both swore loudly, as we ended up hitting the car that was on our right, the driver instantly pressed his hand on his horn, the beeping getting to me. Soon we had passed the car as it slowed down and the furious looking driver got out to see the damage on his car. Looking guilty, I turned back to look out of the window on Nico’s side to see the car that bumped into us, it was the same van I saw turn earlier beside us. The man at the wheel I had noticed earlier, when I had watched all those hunch men pouring out of the back door earlier, he sneered at me when his eyes met mine, taking one hand off the wheel he ran it across his throat in a threatening way: I gulped. I looked over to what the others were doing, I saw Nico digging into the bag I had carried for him earlier. “I got an idea, but Jay I need you to go ahead of this fan a bit ahead. Trusting Nico, he replied,

“I’m on it.” He stepped on the accelerator and we jolted ahead of the van, while the van quickly speeding up after us.

“That’s good enough,” He confirmed putting his thumb up, he stuck a hand in the bag and took out a sticky grenade. He opened the door on his side, I stared at him with wide eyes, was he crazy? This only happened in movies right? I was shortly proved wrong when Nico stuck his body out, he got up quickly and got back into the car, looking at me. “Sky, hold onto my legs, I trust you.” He said determined, I was surprised at the last three words he had said, and I knew immediately that I trusted him too, knowing that the people were after me not the others, and nodded at him. I held onto Nico as he stuck his body out again and this time he came back without the grenade. Crap, I thought as Nico shouted.” Faster Jay, go, go, go.”

We speeded away from the van, the last thing I saw was Wilson’s face turn pale in shock, and slow considerably down, before the car exploded into flames, quickly ducking in a natural reflex, the noise deafening me for a few seconds. Turning onto a road, we saw people coming out of their houses to take a look at the van on fire, soon after the wails of sirens could be heard in the distance.

 Unknown POV

I watched as the car sped away, the girl’s scared face made me smirk, she was nothing I had expected her to be, I thought she’d be stronger whereas she looked weak, she only shared the same hair and eyes as her father, the rest she must have got from her mother. My smirk grew when I saw her eyes widen when Wilson threatened her. This was going to be fun. I knew turning around that corner earlier was a great way to confuse them, I was glad I knew a way back onto the road.

I watched in surprise as the car sped up, and the second door on the left opened. Wilson accelerated as we neared again I wondered what they were up to. Just then a boy, I realized as Cobra stuck his body out of the car. “What the,” I spoke out loud. The boy quickly disappeared back in again just as he had popped out. I grew more curious, and urged Wilson to catch up, but they sped up even more. This time around his body hung out of the car dangerously, he held an oval shape in his hand. I only assumed what it was and shouted out in alarm. It was a grenade and by the colour of it a sticky one. Wilson tried swerving out of the way, but by then it was too late. The car drove off and zoomed off into the distance as we slowed down. Wilson whimpered as he watched it on the bumper, before quickly opening his door to abandon the vehicle. Wilson and I both jumped out of the vehicle, just as it blew up. Slamming into the concrete road shoulder first with such extra force coming from the speed of the car, we rolled until we came to a stop. Wilson groaned as he pushed himself up to a pushing position, he got up and a what I saw was a nasty injury, a big deal of flesh had been ripped off his arm. I winced that had got to have hurt. I looked over my body looking for injuries, nothing but the limp I had that would hopefully wear off sooner or later. I got up and looked at the remains of the vehicle which stood blazing 200 yards from where we stood. I had lost nine of my men to the grenade, it was only Wilson and I left. “Shit” I swore spitting onto the ground as I put my hands on my hips studying our surroundings. What were we to do now?

“Conda do you copy,” said the voice from my walky talky, which was clipped onto my trouser belt, unfortunately for me it hadn’t gotten damaged in the incident. I stared down at it, what was I to say to the Boss? Even worse, how do I explain that a few children had escaped from eleven fully grown men, and succeeding to kill nine of them?

A/N: Hey, hopefully you like it. 

Vote's and comments, make me smile not evi/ mean one's though, love constructive feedback so would appreciate it.

Thanks agian, this chapter was written in a rush again :/ so  I aploogize, will correct any mistakes later on.

This chapter is dedictaed to megi786, for being such a wonderful person, check out her story too, it's great! :D <3

P.S. Did you like to code names? And any ideas for Noah and Jay's? Conda is short for Anaconda by the way! :D