Chapter 7: Friend of Mine

Start from the beginning

"Well, no, My mother was .. a prostitute, and my dad, I don't really know him at all, he is just some bastard guy who fucked my mom and then left when he knew that my mom was pregnant with me. Still, my mom raised me, but I can still see the look in her eyes that she did not want me out into this world, until time came, she was diagnosed with AIDS, passed away quickly, then my uncle Kenny took me out of that dumpsite village and raised me as his own. He let me explore , find myself, and there I saw myself studying for my own sake, I provided my own income, worked as a waiter, cook, janitor anything just to survive. Then I graduated and earn a degree of Law"

Hanji just stared in utter shock and had her jaw dropped with what she heard.

"But I thought you were once in the Military grounds?"

"Yes I am" Levi looked at Hanji whom is currently cuddled up like a ball with her knees.

"When I thought that it's almost a year and still have no job as a lawyer then I realized that I should just waste some time to go to the Military, You know, I am not afraid of getting killed, We'll all go there someday. So I joined, plus I really end up saving plenty of my salary since im all alone and at the age of 24 I already had my house build up and now my real job, a lawyer."

Hanji looked at him, startled. "well that's good for you. By the way, im so sorry about your past, the thing is you are on a better place now, that's what matters most right?" Hanji smiled as she took a sip on her cranberry juice.

"Aren't you even like disgusted that I am a son of a prostitute? Or some poor boy back whom lived in a trashy place?" Levi replied while raising a brow on Hanji.

"Nope, who will be in the right mind to judge and criticize you just because you had a horrible past" Hanji rolled her eyes and took a slice of garlic bread.

"Everyone" Levi stated, He knew that he had only limited friends whom he

trusts and accepts him for what he was, mostly his co workers were disgusted

by his past and barely talks to them, except Mike Zacharias, his only co worker/friend whom he talks to, but hes not as close as his friends like Gunther, Eld, Oluo and Petra.

"well I am not one of those everyone you call" Hanji proudly said. "Because you saved me and I am your friend, hehe right?" Hanji gave levi a mischievous wide smile.

"really? Friend huh?" Levi clicked his tongue and smirked a little bit, looking at Hanji who is still eating.

"God, shes a pig, An adorable filthy pig"

"Say levi, would you like to take a tour inside my house " Hanji said while standing up, assisted by her crutches.

"Fine" Levi Stood up and walked around their house.

The first thing they walked into is the kitchen, Basically the entire design of the house is made by her father which is an Architect/Interior Designer before the accident happen, that is why everything is near perfect except for the dirt which Levi really got embarrassed with.

The kitchen has its own dining table with 6 chairs on it, Levi looked at the fridge where he saw plenty of pies, cakes, leftover foods, processed foods, and eggs, there is also a separate fridge that leads to a bar type section where the beers, alcoholic drinks, wines, different teas and cocktails are being held at.

Hanji told Levi that sometimes when she is depressed or when she misses someone she would drink a whole bottle of red wine just so she will fall asleep and forget what she was thinking or missing.

Next they head up to the upper room where it had 3 rooms, one for Hanji, one for her parents, which is currently locked up and one for the studio/library office room. And the bathroom has a typical average tub and a shower, towards the wall was a whole giant mirror that you can see your whole reflection while you are taking a shit or bath which Levi thought was disgusting.

Then they went to Hanji's room, which is usually quite dirty, that's why Levi only took a peak in and did not want to enter, if he did, he will be cleaning hanjis room all day.

Then going down on their backyard was an average type 5-6 ft pool which is currently out of water, Hanji said that whenever she celebrates her birthday, her mom and dad would invite hanji's friends and throw a happy pool party on their backyard.

"then on the rooftop was the wide open attic,but lets just don't go in there" hanji said.

"Why?" Levireplied curiously

"I go there when I miss someone, most times its my best friend and look at the stars that twinkle and like make a wish. Sometimes I set a tent and a sleeping fort there and I would just sleep alone.

"You're so sentimental aren't you?" Levi muttered facing hanji.

"Well we all have our soft sides doesn't it?"

"Tch, whatever"

Hanji laughed and then she stared into Levi's eyes, and same as Levi.

They met their gaze and no matter they try to look away, their eyes just got their own gravitational pull and just stared for like a minute.

The two got awkwardly irritated and shy as they painted a deep red on their faces.

"Hanji, I have to go" Levi said while looking down on his feet,still ashamed of the color of is cheeks.

"uhm haha okay then, ill see you some other time? Hanji tried to look at Levi teasingly.

"Yeah absolutely." Levi smiled and walked to the gate.

As Levi got into his car, he exhaled heavily and said

"What was that stare all about Levi huh?! you really looked like a maniac down there"  

Levi drove all the way to his home to clean and to fix some papers for his work. even though it is his day off, Levi would go half of his day with paperworks. and cleaning. As he was driving Levi was thinking of something, something that looks crazy but it will help.

"What if that i.." Levi mumbled, looking his way down the road. 

And he smiled. which he doesnt really do much often.