part three

cora; 

Honestly, please kill me. 

One hour. Alex. Me. Same room. 

Literally my worst nightmare. 

"You have got to be kidding me."

"No jokes, baby." He says, before winking and sitting down. 

"You can't call me that, Alex." I say, my eyes narrowing at the sight of his handsome smile. 

"Of course I can, baby." He smiles another cheeky smile and turns to face the teacher. 

*after school*

"Did you see the way he was looking at you?! Oh my God, I would die for someone as hot as Alex to look at me like that," daydreamed Anna. 

"Take my place then, you can have him." I rolled my eyes and leaned back further into my couch. 

"I would, but it's kinda obvious you guys are made for each other." She laughed, but instantly stopped when she realized Alex and Josh had walked into the house a few moments earlier. 

"Hey, Anna..." Josh says, before smiling, causing a deep shade of red to flush onto Anna's cheeks. 

"H-hey, Josh.." She stammered, looking at me with a vivid smile. 

"BABBBYYYYYYYYYYY!" Alex yelled before throwing himself on me. 

"I'm not your baby asshole, déjame solo, Aiono." I rolled my eyes and tried to push him off of me, even though my heart said to let him stay. 

"I don't speak Mexican, baby girl." He chuckled before kissing me on the cheek and walking to Josh's room. 

"You can't just- you can't just come in here and act like you didn't cheat on me Alex, it's unfair." I said, my eyes sad but my face serious. 

"Can we do this another time... tomorrow after detention? Please, I just want to talk, just me and you... Not the whole um," he looks around. "Audience.."

Our teacher had rescheduled our detention to tomorrow, thankfully. 

"I'm not sure you deserve that, Alex..." I said, seriously contemplating whether he was worth it or not. 

"You're going to say that I'm not worth it? Cora, you know what we had. Still have. You were in love with me, and I'm still in love with you. Please, just talk to me." He pleaded, his emotions confusing me. 

"I... Okay..."

"Cora!" Anna whisper-yelled. 

"Shh, I know I know."

I did swear to myself that I would never give him another chance, but here I am. 

Still in love with the person I 'hate.'