part two

cora;

"And, um, what the actual hell was that?!" Anna whisper-yelled as soon as we got into our first period class.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I reply, with a straight face.

"Hoe, please. We all saw that little looky eye contact sharing thingy you two just did."

"Who?"

"You and Alex, smartass."

"Laugh my ass off, who's Alex?" I put on a very confused face and leaned my warm cheek onto one of my hands.

The bell rang and soon after, Josh and Alex decided to join the class.

They sat down in their regular seats, two rows down from mine, Josh in the front, Alex sitting right behind. Right in view for me to see.

"Hiiii Alexxxx," says some hoe cheerleader named Alexis.

He smiles lightly and then turns the other way, basically facing me. He made it very obvious, considering I sit in the back, and his whole backside was facing the front.

My eyes wander, trying to look everywhere except at him.

As per usual, my blue eyes find his brown ones, and my heart begins to speed up. I shake my head a little, and turn the other way reluctantly. I heard him sigh and shift his chair to face the front.

I pull out my iPhone, and begin scrolling through my Instagram, and Snapchat stories. My phone buzzes, and an unexpected notification pops onto the screen.

Twitter: AlexAiono: hi CoraAlvarez

I roll my eyes, and laugh a little. That asshole.

CoraAlvarez: bye AlexAiono :/

I replied to his dumb tweet and exited the app. Yet, another buzz interrupted.

AlexAiono: love mee CoraAlvarez

JoshAlvarez: yeahh CoraAlvarez, what Alex said!!!!!

I snorted and shut my phone off for good, and put it in my bag.

"Is there something amusing about my lesson, Ms. Alvarez?"

"Yea, Coraaaa, is there something funny?" Challenged Alex.

"Please shut the hell up, thank you." I smiled a fake smile.

He gasps dramatically.

"Um, teach, I'm pretty sure that institutes a detention."

"Do me the biggest favor, Martin, and shut your mouth." I reply, clearly getting aggravated.

"Teach! You're just gonna let her disrespect me like that?" He pouts.

My cheeks flush red and I roll my eyes.

"Absolutely not. Cora, I'll see you after school for detention."

I groan and lay my head onto my arms.

"You just keep giving me reasons to absolutely despise you, Martin."

He smiles, showing off his perfect white teeth. My heart flutters, but I immediately shake it off.

'Chicks with sticks are better than chicks with guy problems.' I remind myself.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Alex begin to stand on his chair.

"What the hell-" I begin to speak, but I'm cut off by Alex.

"Alexander Aiono! Sit down in your chair, before I'm forced to have you join Ms. Alvarez in detention this afternoon."

He smiles again, his initial goal of pissing me off becoming more and more evident.

"That's it! I'll see you both, today after school."

"Ohhhhh noooo! Cora? Me? Together? Same room? Darn, this really sucks." He says with a smile on his face.

Oh God.