one

| P r e s e n t D a y |
| I s a b e l 's P o v |

It took over 150 years for me to pluck up the courage, to come out of hiding. My brothers believe that I'm dead, they have done for the past 90 years. It was easier that way.

They betrayed me, all that time ago, back in 1864. They loved her too much, she took their common sense from them, their innocence. She made monsters of them, or maybe they did that themselves. But that little witch deserves to burn in hell.

After exiting what remained of the old Salvatore summer house, it was clear ball gowns and corsets were no longer all the rave.

"This will have to do for now," I muttered, brushing off my dress, the dust flying from it in clouds.

--------------------

I entered the grill, walking with confidence to the bar. My hair flowed past my shoulders, bouncing off my bare shoulders with every step I took. The skirt of my dress pooled around my feet but I was a lady, we were practically trained not to ever trip or make any sort of mistakes that could embarrass us and our families. I guess times really have changed.

I flashed the bartender a smile, taking a deep breath at the sight of the open wound on his hand. There was a smashed glass on the floor and he was desperately wiping at the cut.

I looked around, avoiding the sight in a pathetic attempt to control my hunger. There was a man sat to my right, inspecting me from the corner of his eye whilst swirling the whiskey around in his glass.

"Excuse me, do you know of a Stefan or Damon Salvatore?" My voice was clear, and I couldn't help but notice how different my accent was to everyone else's. Maybe keeping myself locked away (during the day) for a century and half wasn't such a smart idea.

I subconsciously fiddled with my ring, the one that allowed me to walk in the sun. It had been a gift from a witch I knew once upon a time, the only person I could trust. Emily Bennett.

The mysterious man beside me perked up, looking up at me with his brows furrowed.

"You know the Salvatore brothers?" He asked, dismissing the bartender who was miserably attempting to clean up the blood that was starting to drip onto the counter.

Eyeing him suspiciously, I nodded slightly, "let's just say I knew them once." I turned to look at the bartender once more, shutting my eyes tightly then, turning on my heels, hitching my dress up, I sped out. I've never been one for discretion.

--------------------
| S t e f a n 's P o v |

I pressed a soft kiss to Elena's forehead, watching her walk further into her house. I waved at the sight of Alaric loitering in the kitchen. He smiled, taking a sip from his beer.

He seemed to do a double take but I turned, making my way down the steps of the porch. He ran through their house, calling after me.

"Stefan! Stefan, wait, I need to talk to you," I turned back, raising an eyebrow at him in anticipation. When he caught up to me he stood in front of me as I leant against my car. "There was someone - a girl - asking about you and Damon at the grill earlier today."

"Oh yeah?" I smirk lazily, cocking my eyebrow up at him, "you know Damon gets around quite a lot - I'm more surprised that it's taken so long for one of them to track him down, he's always been into the stalker types."

"No, she was different. I can't put my finger on it but she seemed familiar. And she was wearing this dress but it was old and dirty," He stopped himself, taking a deep breath, scratching the back of his neck, looking up at me through his thick lashes.

"You think it's one of the tomb vampires?" I asked curiously, looking around to see if anyone was watching us.

"I'm not sure - talk to Damon. See you at school tomorrow?" I gave him a quick nod, getting into my car and waving up at Elena's window, smiling when I saw her quickly retreat in embarrassment.

My mind swirled with all the possibilities. I made it to the boarding house soon enough, speeding out of my car and into the house. Damon was sat on the couch in front of the crackling fire, sipping on some bourbon. He acknowledged me by nodding his head in my direction.

"I think we need to talk."