"...Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, I, Eddard of the House Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."

Lyanna composed herself to stand as tall as possible as Ned lifted Ice. She took a deep breath the moment Ice ripped through the deserter's neck, and his head fell off. She thought that no matter how many times one can watch a beheading, it's still revolting. An eerie silence hit as no one muttered a word, trying to take in what happened.

"You did well." She whispered to Bran, who was shaking. She wrapped her arm around him as they made their way back to their horses.

Ned, once again, leads the way down the road as everyone follows. As they ride, Ned is between Jory and Rodrick Cassel, who is the master-at-arms. Next was Robb, the heir to Winterfell, then Bran, who is heir after Robb, unless, of course, Robb marries and has children. Lyanna followed while her twin, Jon, was with Theon Greyjoy, their father's ward. Lyann watched Robb, thinking about how much of a good leader he'd make. He has that look to him. And Lyanna smiled to herself, thinking about being by Robb's side. That's all she ever wanted. She wants to help Robb become the best he can be. She wants to be a fighter and protect those who can't protect themselves.

All the horses stopping made Lyanna lose her train of thought. Theon stood in front of a dead stag in the middle of the road. Lyanna jumped off her horse, making her way to Ned.

"What is it?" Jon asked, looking at it's remains.

"Mountain lion." Theon said.

"There's no mountain lions in these woods." Lyanna corrected him as she noticed some of it's antlers were missing.

Ned looked around and began walking down the little hill to the side of them. As she follows, Lyanna started to get a strong smell of death. They all stop as they discover a direwolf. Ned, Lyanna, and Jon all bend down to look at it, and they discover there's puppies around it.

"It's a freak." Theon claims as Lyanna rolled her eyes.

"It's a direwolf." Ned told him. He looked at Lyanna and then to Jon. "Tough old beast." He grabbed the stag's antler from it's throat.

"There are no direwolves south of the wall." Robb told them.

"Now there are five." Lyanna spoke as she lifted one of the pups into her arms. She then turned to Bran. "You want to hold it?" The pup whimpers as Bran takes it into his arms.

"Where will they go?" Bran asked as he petted the pup. "Their mother's dead."

"They don't belong down here." Rodrick chimed in.

"Better a quick death." Ned said as he drew Ice. "They won't last without their mother."

"Right, give it here." Theon ordered as he grabbed the pup out of Bran's arms.

"No!" Bran shouted as the pup began to whimper again.

"Put away your blade." Lyanna ordered him.

"I take orders from Lord Stark, not you, bastard." Theon smirked at her. She was about to grab her own sword but knew Ned wouldn't have wanted that.

"Please, father!" Bran begged him.

"I'm sorry, Bran." Ned apologised as he walked over to Theon.

"Lord Stark?" Jon called out, turning their attention to him. "There are five pups. One for each of the Stark children. The direwolf is the sigil of your house. They were meant to have them." It pained Lyanna listening to her twin brother. She knows they are Snows, but they're still Ned's children.