Chapter 15 - Time will shows

"So you only come to see her and know what made Draco fall in love with her? Not because she's your twin?! I can't believe—"

"No, Ginny, it's not like that."

"So what is it? Why now? Why not 3 years ago since you found out about her?"

"I just don't know what to say, and I don't really think it's necessary. We have a different life, and I thought maybe it was better to just leave it like that."

"Oh, so after you found out about your engagement with Draco, and Draco said he's okay but he fell in love with someone else that surprisingly is your twin, you decided to take a chance to know about her? Coming into her life suddenly and playing this perfect sister? You don't know what she's been through, Thea! And if she found out about this, it will only break her even more!"

"It's not that! I know about the plane crash that cost her parents' lives. I know she needed someone; she needed a family. And she still has one, but she doesn't know... that's why I decided to come here. Ginny, just please hear me out first."

Ginny looked at me like I am a very disgusting person.

I took a deep breath before saying my next words.

"Can we talk somewhere? Coffee shop, perhaps?" I asked her carefully.

She sighed but then nodded.

"Better wish this one worth my time or else you'll end up on my list," she said in a calm voice, but damn, Ginny's list seems worse than hell.

****

Monday, 3rd September 2001

Draco pressed the elevator button with an upward arrow, signaling his intention to go to the higher floors. The apartment, courtesy of Blaise Zabini's anti-Apparition measures, required everyone to Apparate nearby and then walk the remaining distance. Fatigue weighed on Draco; work had been demanding lately, with numerous tasks and organizational challenges. Despite the weariness, the thought of returning home to Hermione brought solace, her smile having the magical ability to alleviate the day's burdens.

As the elevator doors opened, Draco stepped inside, ready for a brief respite. However, a sudden, familiar voice disrupted the quiet space.

"Hold it, please."

Without hesitation, Draco pressed the button to keep the doors open, allowing Ginny Weasley, with her distinctive ginger hair, to catch up.

"Ginerva," Draco greeted her with a friendly smile, but Ginny remained silent, her expression unreadable. Once the doors closed, she turned to him, her wand pointed at his chest, and spoke with a menacing tone.

"I know everything, Malfoy... What are you planning to do with Hermione, huh?"

"Get your wand off me, Weasley! What are you talking about?!"

"I know about you and Thea, you arse! I heard her stories that you suddenly back here for just what? Huh? For just—"

As the elevator progressed to the second floor, Draco intervened, seeking clarity.

"I want to know if I get any chance to be with her, okay?"

Ginny lowered her wand momentarily.

"While you're still engaged to her twin?! Malfoy, I know you're stupid, but I didn't think you'd be this stupid!"

"I'm not engaged... at least not anymore, Ginny... I don't want to. Our parents made us—"

The elevator continued its ascent, reaching the third floor.

"Yeah, I know the story. You two... you two are unbelievable. I just cannot believe that—"

"I'm not in love with her; I'm in love with Hermione!"

"But that doesn't make any change, does it? You were engaged—"

The elevator dinged, signaling their arrival on the desired floor.

"—were engaged to Athena Grey, but—"

"You and Thea were what?"

And there she stood, just outside the elevator—Hermione Granger, Draco's hopeful girlfriend. Her furrowed eyebrows and confused expression demanded an explanation for the fragments of conversation she had overheard.

****

Tuesday, 4th September 2001

Hermione awoke with a throbbing headache and an unsettling feeling, realizing she was in an unfamiliar bed. Glancing around, she confirmed she was still clad in the clothes from the night before. Attempting to piece together the events, she recalled being at Theo's new apartment.

"Morning, Angel," Theo greeted her, presenting a glass of water and a tube of aspirin.

"Right, Theo's new apartment!" Hermione exclaimed, putting the pieces together. She sat up and accepted the glass of water.

"That's why I couldn't recognize this place," she chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

Theo chuckled in response. "Here's some aspirin for the headache you must be experiencing right now," he offered, handing her a pill.

"Thank you, you're my hero... as always," Hermione replied, attempting to smile, though the pain in her heart lingered from the previous day's events.

She placed the glass on the nightstand. Theo took a seat on the bed, observing her closely.

"So why are you here, Angel? Wizards club and drunk? Since when have you turned into someone like—"

"Since Draco Malfoy broke my heart," Hermione cut him off, her voice betraying the hurt.

"Hermione, whatever Draco did to you, I swear he didn't mean it... he loves you, I know he does," Theo reassured her.

"He and Thea were engaged, Theo... they were getting married," Hermione revealed, her voice shaky.

"Thea, as in Thea Grey? Your twin sister?" Theo sought confirmation.

Hermione nodded, unable to say more. Tears welled up in her eyes, and Theo instinctively wrapped his arms around her as she broke down in his embrace. The pain and heartbreak flooded back, overwhelming her.

Everything came back instantly. She waiting for Ginny to come. Ginny being an hour and a half late, so she grew increasingly concerned. Worried for her friend, Hermione decided to step outside. She grabbed her coat, pressed the elevator button, and when the doors opened, the words she heard cut through her like a knife to the heart.

-------------

I just wanna say thanks for everyone that still waiting and reading this! and I dedicated this chapter to Mousie84 StephanieGarza132 and GhostQueen thank you for voting and following me! xx