Chapter 10 - Officialy Yours

Sunday, 19th August 2001

DRACO POV

Yesterday had been nothing short of fantastic. Draco Malfoy couldn't believe how well everything had gone. He had managed to make her smile and laugh, and the day unfolded just as he had imagined. Driving nearly two hours to create the perfect beach date seemed like a small price for the joy it brought Hermione. Clad in a tee, jeans, and even donning sunglasses, Draco felt like a complete departure from his usual wizarding style – a muggle in every sense. But seeing Hermione happily building sandcastles in her beautiful blue sundress made the entire effort worthwhile.

As the day came to an end, Draco drove them back to the apartment. Walking Hermione to her room, he bid her good night with a kiss before closing her bedroom door. Happiness overwhelmed him in a way he hadn't known was possible.

Feeling inspired, Draco picked up his guitar from the corner of his room and headed to the balcony. Their apartment, situated on the fourth floor, was a muggle residence chosen by Hermione and Blaise. Draco couldn't fathom how Blaise had agreed to it, but Hermione's keen eye for perfection had apparently played a role. The spacious apartment, complete with a bar in the living room, was a testament to her taste in decoration – a talent she had undoubtedly put to good use.

It was 7 AM on a Sunday, and Draco took a moment to set his guitar on a nearby chair. Surveying the view from the balcony, he found the ambiance serene – birds chirping, morning breezes, and people engaged in their morning jogs. The peaceful Sunday morning infused Draco with positive vibes, motivating him to face the challenges of the week until another weekend arrived.

Picking up his guitar again, Draco began playing simple chords and crafting his own music. After a while, he paused, letting the tranquility of the morning settle, and then started playing a song from a muggle band that he surprisingly enjoyed.

Draco Malfoy began to sing, his voice filling the room.

Look at the starts
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called 'yellow'

So then I took my turn
oh, what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow

Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
Do you know, you know I love you so?
You know I love you so

(Coldplay - Yellow)

"Nice voice"

Draco Malfoy's singing was interrupted by a voice to his left. Startled, he turned his head to find her standing in front of the open balcony door, a sweet smile on her face. Lost in his guitar playing, Draco hadn't noticed her presence until she spoke.

Putting down his guitar, he dismissed it with a casual, "It's nothing."

"Coldplay, huh?" she grinned at him, recognizing the song.

Draco chuckled, and she approached. Looking up, he found her extending a hand toward him. "Come, I'll make pancakes for breakfast." Taking her hand, Draco followed her back inside.

They enjoyed breakfast alone, Blaise having spent the night at Pansy's, leaving the apartment to just the two of them.

"So, what's your plan for today?" she asked him during their morning meal.

"Uhm, I don't know," Draco replied.

"So, playing guitar all day and lazing around the apartment?" She giggled.

He smirked, suggesting, "What about a second date?"

She chuckled softly, "Despite the fact that it would be great, and I would love to spend another day with you... I can't."

"Why not?"

"I already promised Theo to accompany him looking for a new apartment."

"Oh," Draco said simply. "So, I'm going to spend my day alone while my girlfriend is going to spend her Sunday with another man."

She laughed, questioning, "Since when did I become your girlfriend?"

"Since I say so."

"So, you just say so, and we're in a relationship?" She shook her head in disbelief.

"Okay, don't make me look like a bad guy here. You're spending your time with another man when you left your boyfriend all alone in the apartment."

"I will help one of your best friends search for a new apartment, Draco." With that, she stood up, leaving him alone with her unfinished breakfast.

Draco sighed, realizing his ego had won again. Returning to his room, he grabbed his wand from the top of the drawer and cast a spell. "Orchideous," he said, and a bouquet of white roses appeared on the drawer in front of him.

Draco Malfoy picked up the bouquet of white roses and made his way to Hermione's room. Knocking twice, he called out, "Hermione?" but received no answer. Not deterred, he turned the knob, finding the door locked. With a swift "Alohomora," the door clicked open.

Inside, Hermione sat on the edge of her bed, her gaze fixed on the floor. Draco, hiding the flowers in his right hand, lowered himself in front of her.

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "I'm sorry for being an arse and stupid because of my jealousy."

Hermione met his gaze but remained silent. Determined to make amends, Draco pulled out the bunch of white roses. "Hermione Jean Granger, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

She chuckled softly but shook her head. "No? Is that a no? You're saying no to—" Before he could finish, she surprised him by pressing her lips to his in a quick kiss, pulling away just as swiftly.

"I shook my head not because I want to say no, silly. I just couldn't believe you can be a very romantic person."

"So, does that mean yes?" Draco grinned at her.

She nodded shyly.

"Say it," he ordered playfully.

"What?"

"Say that you're Draco Malfoy's girlfriend."

"I am Draco Malfoy's girlfriend," she said with a giggle.

"And I am one lucky man." Draco stood up, leaning down to kiss her forehead.