Chapter 4 - Exotic Things

Keenon Jackson,

"Are you excited about the burial of your mother?"

"Yeah, I'm just ready to see her resting peacefully." I sighed and thanked Mrs. Norma. I watched as the pain was tearing her apart while she tried to hide behind the crooked scars. Her daughter had left months ago, the same time her husband took the plea deal for a first degree murder case. Mrs. Norma was alone, and indeed strong. She helped out with the final burial of my mother after 1 month of her being gone. I suffered alone.

Mary wasn't here to be my open ears. Mary wasn't there to be the only person I knew that would understand my pain. That would understand the rain that constantly overshadowed my shine.

I washed away the mere thoughts and stayed behind as everyone took their seats in the church. I was going to need a smoke.

I stepped away from church grounds and crossed the street towards the open field, watching as the clouds peaked. My feet sunk and I bowed my head, silently wishing it was I that was dead. My mother left me, alone. She left me to grieve. She left me a world that weeps. A world that was too big for me. A world that wasn't a place to be.

How selfish could one person be? I swept my feet through concrete. I bit my tongue and tried to fight the taunting dead thoughts I had been having. 1 month and I was in need for holding. I was just a man who needed passion. A man who wanted missing spots to be patterned. A man that wanted higher ladders.

After thinking, I bombarded the church along with the rest of the people. Some who knew my mother attended the funeral. Some who knew my mother's son attended. I looked over and nodded to the few friends I invited who were sending condolences. I knew today was going to be long and dreading.

3:09 am.

I rolled over on my left side and stared at the outside. It was so dark that I couldn't see the house on the other side. If I could just lay here and sleep peacefully without imagining. Mary was gone as well. I just wanted to know where.

It seemed that everyone had left me suddenly, and it had only hit me recently. There was nothing for me to do here in LA besides gang bang with the only family I hung around. The only unity I knew who wouldn't neglect my passion for quantity. I knew I couldn't be rejected of the action. If I wasn't involved in LA streets, I was going to be a part of LA streets.

I was LA streets.

I saw the alarm clock and jumped up. I threw on something black and ran out the streets. I just needed things that would fulfill my needs. I didn't beat around the bush. I knew what I needed. I wanted to be pleased with an exotic feeling.