The Girl in the Pond (Part I)

"Come on. Come on," Wanda muttered to herself as she raced through Ronald Reagan National Airport, making her way through the large crowd of people before skidding to a stop at the arrivals board.

"I'm late." She let out a breath, looking up at the board and noticed that it was beginning to malfunction. "This board is broken," she said to a group of people who were also staring up at the board. "Uh? Did anyone meet the Uh, did anybody meet the flight from Guatemala? Aviateca airlines?" she questioned, her Sokovian accent thick. "Yeah, right. I'm late," she muttered to herself again as everyone shook their heads no.

Turning on her heel, she walked over to the customer service desk where a young, well dressed man was standing there, on the phone.

"Excuse me?" Wanda asked. "Uh, you have a glitch on your arrivals board."

The customer service agent ignored her as he continued to talk on the phone.

"Hello! Sir, excuse me." She tried to grab the man's attention again, only to be met by him holding up his index finger at her in annoyance.

Irritated and angry, she ripped open her pink button-up blouse revealing a pale pink, lacy bustier. The man turned around and dropped his phone on his desk with a thud, his jaw following as his dark eyes hungrily roamed over her curves.

"How can I help you?" the newly-interested agent asked.

"Yeah. Hi. The flight from Guatemala?" Wanda smirked raising an eyebrow.

....

"Please tell me you tried 'excuse me' first," you said to Wanda, noticing her state of dress.

"Sweeeeetie. Yes, I did." Wanda giggled as she rushed toward you and pulled you into a tight hug. "Welcome home. Are you exhausted? Was Guatemala awful? Was it horribly backward?" the small brunette bombarded you with questions, obviously trying to change the subject.

"And yet, I was never reduced to flashing my boobs for information," you quickly drove back the topic of her flashing the customer service agent.

You pulled away and grabbed your travel bag as Wanda insisted she carry your suitcase. "Flash them for any fun reasons?" She wiggled her eyebrows at you.

You couldn't help but laugh at her. "Ah come on," you said, rubbing the back of your neck. "I was literally neck deep in a mass grave, not romantic."

"You know, Y/N," Wanda let out a sigh. "Diving in a pit of cadavers is no way to handle a messy break up."

You let out a dry laugh. "Wanda, nothing Julian and I ever did was messy."

She laughed cutely. "Then you were not doing the right things."

Feeling a presence that wasn't there before, you dropped the large bag and turned on your heel, finding a tall man with dark hair and dressed in a suit. Whoever he was, looked extremely guilty, as if he had just been caught dipping his hand into the cookie jar.