The Woman in the Sand P. III

"Christ, how does anybody walk in these things?" you muttered to yourself, as both Steve and you stepped inside the gym.

Steve leaned in and whispered in your ear, "Well, ya know. Them boots? They ain't made for walking sweetheart." He pulled back and slapped you on the ass, making you gasp in surprise.

Before you could even open your mouth to curse out your partner, he leaned back in and whispered, "Just follow my lead Y/N."

You rolled your eyes at him but did what you were told. It didn't help that Steve looked handsome with what he was wearing. Well, he always looked handsome in his FBI suits, but today was different. He was more casual and carefree.

Walking past all of the fighters, there was one that caught your eye immediately, "Rogers heads up," you nudged him.

He turned his head and saw the fighter and her coach practicing her strikes, "Yeah I see. 5'9", southpaw." He mused, referring to the text he received from Wanda on the way to the gym.

"Can I help you, folks?" A loud voice called out prompting you both to tear your gaze on the female fighter.

There stood a man about the same height as Steve but leaner, his arms were crossed and his lips set into a thin line.

You waited for Steve to say something but when you looked over you noticed that he was doing some sort of tap dancing in place which you made a mental note to ask him about later.

"Holy shit babe, It's Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes," Steve said, snapping out of his nervous tick and wrapping his arm around your waist, pulling you close to him. You couldn't help but take in his scent of cologne.

"Cottonmouth?" you asked in feigned confusion.

"Yeah! That's how he left his opponents," Steve answered, reverting to his native New York accent.

"These days, it's just Cornell." The former boxer let out a chuckle.

"Sorry to bother you, Cornell, but you know you had a huge impact on my, uh, style back in the army," Steve explained and you weren't quite sure he was lying or telling the truth. "Ya know a juke to the body, followed by a right hook? Worked for me every time."

You thought it was cute that your partner was fanboying over one of his idols.

"Another Army fighter, Cornell? How many of these 'has beens' you get in here a week?" Another man came up from behind Cottonmouth, smirking devilishly as Steve's smile faded away into a scowl.

"At least this one still looks like he's in shape," Cottonmouth snapped.

"Oh, yeah!" you said in a low, sultry voice. "My man's in great shape. Believe me." You ran your fingers up his firm chest.

"Easy there, doll," Steve whispered loud enough for you to hear.

Cottonmouth was amused at the pair of you. "Let's see it, Army. Show us those moves that made you so famous."

You've sparred with Steve before, so you were confident in his moves. "Yeah, go ahead tiger! Show these clowns." You slapped him on his ass, making him jump.

"Yeah, maybe I will, okay? Jus- just a little.," he replied nervously, taking off his olive green jacket and handing it to you.

He walked over to the punching bag as you, Cottonmouth, and the other man looked on. "Yeah, come on, tiger," the other man mocked, who you later came to know as "Shades".

"Alright, let's see. A little, you know tap, you know," Steve nervously said as he lightly punched the punching bag. "A juke to the body, with a hard right, followed by a whole bunch of these-" He grunted as began striking the bag hard.