Silver Lining (Kakashi Oneshot)

Name: Tsuyu Seino (yes my naruto/bleach character. think of this as a flashback ^_^)
Age: 14
Rank: Chunin

I walked down the streets of the ever-so-peaceful Konohagakure, just enjoying the awesome day. Dad was hanging around the other Uchiha's and I figured mom would appreciate the quiet. I swear, after Obito died, I haven't seen an Uchiha that hasn't glared at me for having the Shikyogan.

I wish Obito and Rin were here. My birthday's tomorrow and they- with the help of Kakashi and Minato-sensei- threw me the best party a girl could ask for. Now it was only me and Kakashi with Minato-sensei and he was getting married to Kushina, the Kyuubi host. I'm happy for them, but I miss everyone.

Someone yelling my name on the top of his lungs pushed me out of my thoughts and turned around to see Gai leading a very bored Kakashi not too far behind him. "Tsuyu-chan my love!" He yelled once again. "Why don't you answer me with that heavenly voice of your's my youthful angel!"

I had a deep sigh. "Gai, how many times have we been through this? If you're going to say that stuff, don't yell it out for the whole world to hear you." And it was bad enough that we were next to the Uchiha compound. "Now come on before the Uchiha police force decide to arrest us for disturbing the peace."

Just by saying that made Gai's eyes widen and ran all three of us toward the markets where we seemed to have ran into my dad walking out of a bar with some of his friends. Once he saw me with Kakashi, there was hell. "So you little whore, you added another man to your little orgy circle?"

Gai and Kakashi growled. "She's not a whore!"

One of dad's friends came up to me and lifted my head up so he could get a better look. "She sure looks cute Jinharo. Ya sure I can't have a lil fun with her?"

"You don't want an impure little whore like her. It's beneath you and every Uchiha."

I heard enough out of him. I turned around and ran as fast as I could toward the memorial. Once I was there, I broke down in tears and fell to my knees. "It's happening again Obito." I cried. "The Uchiha's see me as nothing but a whore. An impure little whore. Obito, you always told me there was a silver lining in everything. After you died on that damn mission, I haven't seen it."

The wind blew gently and a broken smile barely came onto my face. "So far, you were the Uchiha that didn't see me like that. I don't know if there'll be another like that." A hand was on my shoulder and I flipped the person out of reflex. I found it was Kakashi and I offered a hand. "Sorry about that Kakashi."

"Why don't we go to the old training grounds? Just you and me."

I smiled. "That sounds great." Kakashi grabbed my hand and we were off.

When we got to our training area, I pulled Kakashi next to me at the nearby stream and soaked my feet into the nice cool water. I saw Kakashi do the same thing, looking at me. "Remember when Rin and I would play in this stream? You and Obito would go off fighting and Minato-sensei would stand there and watch us all with that goofy smile of  his."

"Yeah, those were the good ol' times." It sounded as if he needed to get something off of his back and I think he really wanted to say it.

“Was there something you wanted to tell me Kakashi?” I looked away from the water at him.

“Tomorrow’s your birthday…”

I poke his headband. “Yup. Was that it?”

“N-no, um…. I was wondering……” He paused again. He was starting to turn pink again. Then the rest came out as a whisper. “Would you go out with me Tsuyu?” I just stared at him with wide eyes and my smile was gone. I never imagined him asking me that. I felt my face heat up and I looked back at the water. “I was going to ask you tomorrow when I got you away from everyone else and brought you here, but I couldn’t wait.”

“Kakashi…”

I saw his feet leave the water and that was when I looked up. His visible eye showed the sadness he was feeling. Did I hurt his feelings because I didn’t answer him right away?

He sighed and started to walk away. “It’s okay if you say no. You won’t hurt my feelings.”

He is such a liar. I grabbed one of my kunai and threw it at him to get his attention. He turned around just in time and deflected it with his own.

“Tsuyu-chan, what are you doing?” I said nothing as I ran at him and poised my kunai ready to attack. “Tsuyu-chan?”

I pushed him into a tree and hugged him really hard around the waist, dropping my kunai. “You are such a horrible liar Kakashi-kun.” I looked up at him and gave him a smile while I was blushing. “And you asking me out would have been the perfect birthday present from you.”

His eye widened a fraction. “So is that a yes?”

“Of course it is Kakashi-kun.” He smiled and kissed me on the lips through his mask. And it was my first kiss, too. He pulled away for me to see him smile under his mask. I stretched to reach his eye and kissed the edge of it before I hugged him again, this time softer. "Honestly, I was wondering when you were going to ask me out mister."

"Really? Here I thought you would try and kill anyone that asked you out." He teased.

"I'm not that mean Kakashi." He took his mask off and kissed me properly. I smiled as I thought of how great all of this was.

Obito, I think I found that silver lining.