"For they believed that one day, they would heal their kingdom and bring their precious prince and princess home so that they might live happily ever after."

REBEKAH'S HOME

Rebekah stops rocking the crib, setting Klaus' carved wooden knight between Henrik and Hope before turning out the lights and leaving the twins to sleep for the evening.

 MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Klaus was listening to Mozart's Requiem on a record player while he furiously tries to stretch a canvas over a wooden frame for a painting. 

When he tears through the canvas, he angrily throws it all across the room, just as Elijah returns from his meeting.

"AGHHHHHH!" Klaus yells out at the top of his lungs, overwhelmed with frustration.

"I suppose we shall have to call this your 'white period'," Elijah joked, after picking up the canvas that Klaus threw, and examines it.

"I'm missing a crucial color in my palette -- that of my enemies' blood," Klaus huffed out angrily.

"Well, I recommend a Venetian red, with a dash of rust..." Elijah's joke only caused Klaus to completely lose his temper.

"It's been months! I've adhered to our plan: sit and do nothing, sell our grief. And now, my children safely away, and another full moon is upon us -- another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength!"

Elijah gives his brother a sympathetic look, and Klaus calms down slightly, though he's still clearly upset.

"The nursery is killing me," Klaus quietly spoke. "I need to act. I-I-I need -- I need to spill blood.

Elijah then took that moment to give Klaus the good news. "Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood."

Klaus perks up slightly. "Then, it's time!"

"And none to soon," Elijah said. He cautiously spoke his next words carefully while watching his brothers reaction. "I'm concerned about Mireya and Hayley."

Klaus visibly tenses up at the mention of Mireya and starts sorting through his art as an excuse to turn away.

"They look well enough."

"Mireya and Hayley look better than you, brother,"Elijah said. "You can't keep letting her avoid you like this. She's hurting just as much as you are."

"She has you and Hayley for that," Klaus grumbles out.

Elijah sighs. "Sadly, like the father of her children, she prefers to fight her demons her own way."

THE BAYOU

Four months has past since Mireya last saw her babies. Four months since she and Hayley had isolated themselves from everyone while the Guerrera wolves took over the city.