Chapter 1

REBEKAH'S HOME

Rebekah sat on a chair as she rocked Henrik and Hope in a rocking crib in the nursery while she tells him a fairy tale about their lives.

Rebekah voice-over: "Once upon a time, there was a majestic king who lived with his noble brother in a kingdom where music and art celebrated."

FLASHBACK

Klaus was standing on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter.

"The king did not foresee having a child, not even when they were actually twins, but he lived in an enchanted land where all things were possible."

FLASHBACK

Francesca and her brothers attacking the vampires after stealing the moonlight rings and triggering their werewolf curses.

"In time, he was blessed with a beautiful baby son and daughter, for whom he wished only peace."

Henrik lets out a big yawn as Hope coos at Rebekah happily, and Rebekah smiles at them.

"Still, the king had demons who pursued him. There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own. Armed with a pack of untamed creatures, she drove the other magical creatures from the land. And, there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the king every full moon."

FLASHBACK

Genevieve was making the moonlight rings.

Klaus being weakened by the rings, which draw on his strength.

"Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home, the king was driven to send his beloved prince and princess away, convincing all who remained that they were forever lost."

FLASHBACK

Mireya mourning Henrik and Hope's 'death' at the memorial for the fallen in the Battle of New Orleans.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Elijah locks the front gates to the home so it is no longer open to the public.

"The king, in his sorrow, turned away from the world. The castle closed its doors, and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once majestic king in the room meant for his children. But, as the ruthless beasts took rule over the fallen king's realm, little did they know that he and his brother would not rest until their enemies were vanquished."

FLASHBACK - MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Klaus stands at the window of Henrik and Hope's nursery, looking down on the street as Elijah approaches him from behind and places a comforting hand on his shoulder.