Special Chapter [1]

Start from the beginning

A curled smile lit up her sleepy face. And Xandrei could feel a smile lifting up the corners of his lips.

But Xandrei, the one who was watching the memory, was not smiling. This was the moment. The moment everything between him and Heaven were slowly falling into pieces. Because he fell in love at first sight at another woman.

Naghintay si Xandrei na magpakita si Heaven sa susunod niyang memorya.

But no memories of Heaven appeared after that.

There was only Jam. Jam who made sure he was taken care of. Jam who helped him recover. Jam who was by his side. Jam who was more than happy to always lend an ear and a shoulder when he needed them the most. Jam who didn't give up on him. Jam who stayed beside him, even if he didn't want her anymore.

He felt a hollow ache right in his chest. And the next moment, there were tears running down his face. Because he felt like he didn't deserve her. He didn't deserve either of them. He was stupid and an asshole. And he only realized it when he watched his own life in a third person's point of view.

There was a flicker of memory. And through the tears, he watched it.

The day he saw Heaven again. But this time, he didn't feel the same happiness and love. There was only pain and regrets. Jam was with him when he saw Heaven again. And he noticed Jam's shaking hand as she pretended not to notice.

And shame filled his guts. How could he look at another person like that when he already has someone who was willing to stay by his side and endure the pain his given her? He was really such an asshole.

They left the store. And he noticed the tears pricking at the corner of Jam's eyes. And he still pretended not to notice. And they went home. And they both cried when they parted. Cried for different people. But for the same reason.

The memory ended.

Another one started.

It was Heaven. And there was Andriel Knight with her. Xandrei was stalking her. Not stalking. He just wanted to see how she was. But it was definitely stalking.

The two of them sat at the parking lot of their apartment building. There was a blanket laid out and they were both staring up at the star-filled night sky. The two of them slowly looked at each other. Xandrei turned away before he can see the two of them kiss.

Even from afar, it was definite that Heaven has already fallen in love with somebody else. And it wasn't him. And it was all because of him.

Natapos ang memorya.

And Xandrei was begging for it to stop.

Another memory started. But he couldn't look at it much longer. He closed his eyes. And prayed that everything just ends. And hoped that it would be ending soon.

He didn't know how much time passed. Unti-unti niyang binuksan ang mga mata niya.

And a dose of shame and pain and embarrassment hit him so hard as he watched one of the last memories he had.

He was holding a gun. And he was pointing it at Andriel Knight. The guy had no idea that he was about to murder him right in front of the woman he loved so much. The woman they love so much.

When Heaven realized what he was going to do, they locked eyes for a brief moment. But that brief moment was longer than he expected. Hurt and betrayal flashed across her eyes. And it hit him again. The shame, the regret. And pity showed in those lovely eyes of hers. Pity because he became like this.

He became such a petty man, he couldn't even recognize himself. He became every bit of the man he hated the most.

And that was when he realized, he didn't want to take away her happiness. And he was about to let down the gun he was holding, when a bullet strike through his chest. And there was a blinding pain that made him push the trigger of his gun.

He crashed on the floor, his own blood surrounding him. And he tried to breathe. But it was so hard. And he tried to stay awake. And there was screaming.

Jam was screaming. Jam was praying so loudly. And she was crying as she pushed a hand through his wound.

But black dots appeared at the corner of his eyes. And he couldn't stay awake much longer. He tried to hold her hand, Jam's hand. But he was so weak so fast; he couldn't even move his fingers anymore.

And the blackness devoured him.

Xandrei didn't realize he was sobbing. That was what it felt like to die. Was he really already dead? Did he lose his chance to see her again..? To see Jam again? The girl who stayed by his side even when he only gave her heartaches?

And he continued crying. Helpless. He felt utterly helpless.

He didn't know how long he cried. Because no more memories came. The dark was the only thing that welcomed him.

He thought it was over.

It wasn't.

Not for him.

Blood rushed back to his hands. And he could move again. The noises were slowly starting to come back. He could hear again. A dull headache throbbed. He moved his fingers. Barely.

There was a constant, electronic beeping sound. And the smell, it reeked of medicines. He was in a hospital. His body was in so much pain, he'd rather not move than move at all.

And slowly but carefully, he opened his eyes. And while his vision adjusted to the light, there were three blurry figures right in the room with him.

"Xandrei!" Jam was sitting right beside him, where she always was and always will be. She grabbed his hand and put it above her chest as she stared at him in awe, tears already flowing from her eyes.

Xandrei groaned. His mouth was rough and dry. Jam immediately fetched bottled water and helped him drink. The water tasted heavenly. Speaking of Heaven, she was right here in the room.

A look of surprise and delight was plastered on her face.

"Are you ok? Do you feel anything wrong?" Jam asked.

His eyes fluttered to hers and he instantly remembered those memories of her. Of them. And he smiled. "I'm fine." His voice was hoarse. Ilang araw na ba siyang nakahiga dito?

"More or less 3 weeks," Heaven chimed in, her arms crossed. She answered Xandrei's unsaid question. The other figure he saw, it was Knight. Of course it was. He was standing behind Heaven, as if keeping on guard.

"I was out for 3 weeks?" Xandrei asked.

"No, you were out for 4 months and 3 weeks," Jam clarified.

Xandrei choked. "What?" he said roughly.

"You were shot. You were lucky you were still alive," Knight suddenly said.

"Do you feel anything wrong?" Jam asked again.

Xandrei looked at her. And he was immediately infatuated with her. The girl hasn't been sleeping well. He didn't know if she even bathed regularly while waiting for him to wake up. She was in her most terrible state right now, but she looked absolutely lovely.

And he knew. He was willing to give them a chance. She didn't leave him, not when he almost died. She was the last person he saw before he went into a coma, and she was the first person he saw when he woke up.

A smile ghosted on his lips. "I'm perfectly fine."

And Jam stared in those eyes. And she knew something has changed.

Andriel and Heaven looked at each other and came to the same conclusion.

Xandrei changed while he was asleep.

And they all were hoping he changed for the better.

***

A/N:

Yep! There are special chapters. Hindi ko alam kung ilan at kung gaano kadalas akong magu-update :) Hindi ko pa kayang pakawalan eh huhu :--( 

Enjoy~