Chapter 9

I didn't want to wake the sleeping boy as I struggled to get out if his grasp. His arms were loosely draped around my hips as he uncontiously stirred in his sleep.

When I'm free I clumsily tumble out of his bed, making a thud. I curse under my breath.

God dammit Oscar why are you so clumsy?

***

The book store was quiet as usual. People skimmed the rows and rows of books. Some where untouched, and some where read by millions, but each and everyone was important.

That's why I took this job. So I could be surrounded by something I love so much.

I talk to books because they are the only ones who will listen. These books have heard me cry a thousand times. They have felt my pain.

It's sad that in all my 18 years of life inanimate objects have effected me for the better than any human or living thing has.

"Oscar?" Celly, my co worker, called my name making me snap out of my thoughts. Her voice was sweet, and rushed.

I quietly folded the page I was currently on to hold my spot as I sat up from the comfy bean bag I was sitting in.

"What's up?" After my eyes came up from the ground I wish they hadn't. Infront of my was the biggest asshole I'm the history of assholes.

If I knew he hadn't cared that much I'd think he was stalking me.

But there standing in front of me was Harry styles. His frown soon turned into a smirk as his eyes met my body.

"He-he's asking about books on dreaming.." Cellys voice dripped with anxiety as she twirled her strawberry blonde hair between her fingers.

Something I learned she did when she was nervous, or scared. Her green eyes looked at the floor, refusing to meet mine or Harry's.

To be honest it felt bizzare. Like we were two parent scolding a child, when all that was happening was a question about placement of books.

Harry's eyes stayed fixed on her. His eyebrow were furrowed making me extremly confused.

"Well. Sir if you follow me I'll show you." Harry smirked at the idea of me being so formal after we have done such informal things together in the last 3 days we've know eachother.

The thought made me want to barf.

"E-excuse me H-Harry.." Celly stumbled over her feet as she desperately tried to push past the tall boy and myself.

Wait she knows his name?

"I-if you have a-any more questions, j-just ask."

Celly looks rushed, and as if she wanted to say something else.

Harry nods, and strolls away, giving me a signal to follow him.

"So, a book on dreaming?"

I ask trying not to sound like a mess.

"A book on lucid dreaming.

Celly was just a little too nervous and rushed to explain the rest."

Lucid dreaming?

"Oh..

It would be on this shelf."

I point to a shelf covered with vintage books that no one seems interested in.

"If you need anything else, you know where to find me. Uh, Sir."

"Actually,"

Harry begins.

"I want you to come on a date with me tonight."

My jaw drops to the floor.

Is he serious?

"Absolutely not."

I refuse to walk back into one of his games.

The nerve he has, makes me cringe.

"Oh c'mon my little Virgin- wait. I can't call you that anymore, can I?"

He rolls his head back with laughter.

My body tenses up, and I find myself using all of the will power I have to not cause a scene.

"You disgust me."

I spit.

Harry chuckles again, but his smile it's torn off his face when he sees that I'm completely serious.

"Wait, really?"

Now it's my turn to laugh.

"Uh, yes really.

You took my innocence, and I completely regret trusting you with it, the least you could do is not hold it against me.

But you won't consider my feelings, will you?

Of coarse not.

You're Harry Styles.

Mr.Man

And I'm just your doll.

But I refuse to let this become anything more than it already is."

I eye his body up and down before I turn on heels and storm off, just to have someone grab my arm and jolt me back.

"You're going out with me tonight whether you like it or not."

"You wish."

I spit.

I see my boss give me an upset look.

He doesn't know Harry though.

"Enjoy your book."

I harshly speak to Harry through my teeth, then flash the fakest smile I can.

"Oh I will."

Harry spits.

His face red, obviously not used to how I talked to him.