CHAPTER 4.

°˖✧🖤✧˖°

Majority of the summer was spent with Edd. From phone calls, playing online video games, and hanging out occasionally in the park near Tord's house.

School started up again and they shared 3 classes, convenient.

Tord got a new binder which helped hide his chest better and made him feel more masculine and confident.

This was going to be a good year.

°˖✧💚✧˖°

My eyes searched the room for Tord but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

God dammit Tord..

Edd was feeling anxious. What if something bad happened to him?

Bzzt.

•[ Turd ❤️: Hey, my mom ran out of gas I'm gonna be a bit late. Don't miss me too much.

•[ Egg 💚: I won't, trust me :P

Ah.. thank god. Edd sighed in relief before his two best friends came over.

"Hi Edd!" Matt shouted in Edd's face.

"Hey Edd," Tom added after Matt.

"Hey guys!" Edd hugged them both real tight, "I missed you guys both all summer!" Edd smiled happily at them both.

"We missed you too!" Matt smiled and hugged as well.

"Missed ya too." Tom added.

He smelt like garbage, what were they doing all summer anyways? They barely got to speak or hang out.

It sucked.

"Heh.." Edd let go and rubbed his neck, "sorry about that. You guys have just been gone lately is all, where were you guys?" Edd asked in a sad tone.

"We've been together, sorry we didn't contact you! Just thought you'd like to spend more time with Tord!" Matt chirped, walking over to the table.

We all both followed behind.

"Uh.. Why would ya think that?" Edd asked curiously.

Were they trying to say something??

"Nothing, just forget it." Tom snarled and threw his stuff on the table before sitting at the edge of the table, away from Edd and next to Matt.

"Oh, um, okay.." Edd sat beside Matt and was waiting patiently for Tord.

The teacher was already in the room and teaching a lesson but he couldn't pay attention when Tord wasn't there.

He's worried.

Edd took his phone out about to text again before a voice pierced through his ears.

"Edd! Give me the phone!" The teacher shouted from across the classroom.

Tom smacked his lips and crossed his arms before whispering, "Idiot."

Edd rolled his eyes and sat the phone on the table.

The teacher marched over and snatched it off the desk, "Thank you. You can get it at the end of the day."

"Okay." Edd replied passively.

°˖✧💚✧˖°

Tord walked through the door and Edd's face lit up as he waved his arm around like a madman at him.

"Hey Tord!" Edd practically screamed and the whole class averted their attention on them both before they all started to whisper in each other's ears.

Tord sighed and walked over to the table sitting beside Edd.

"Hey Edd. Sorry about being so late.." Tord sounded guilty.

"No it's fine! Right guys?" Edd looked at the other two.

"Yeah!" Matt said.
"Whatever." Tom said.

"Heh.. um. We'll be in this class all day today because it's early release day.. So. We get 30 minutes of free period after lunch, want to hang out with us outside?"

"Oh.. Sure." Tord shrugged and took work out his book bag, filling in answers.

°˖✧❤️✧˖°

Ugh.. It's getting hard to breathe out here. It's so hot..

I need to go inside and relax.
It's hurting.

Tord tapped Edd, "I-I need to go real quick. I'll be back" Tord stood up and walked quickly to the school entrance.

"Hey! Wait! Where are you going?!" Edd shouted and he stood up too, "We were in the middle of a game!"

"Typical Tord." Tom sighed and sat down his cards.

"Ugh shut up Tom.." Edd snapped before following behind Tord.

It's getting hard to breathe. Just make it to the bathroom.

Edd grabbed his arm before he could enter the restroom.

"Tord?" Edd questioned.
"What?" Tord asked, wincing a little.
"Why.. are you going into the females bathroom?" Edd let go of his hand and waited for a reply.

"O-Oh! It was just a mistake!" Tord shot back almost defensively, "You think I want to go in there anyway?! With all those gross..pads... and stuff." Tord laughed a bit and looked at Edd in hopes he'd laugh too.

"Oh.. Um. Nah. Totally gross." Edd replied and shrugged. "I'll go into the bathroom with you!"

He grabbed Tord's hand and they both entered the bathroom.

Tord went into the biggest stall and finally threw his hoodie off before getting his binder off and breathing in deep. His chest rise and fell. It was burning.

This was seriously bad.
He use to bind in unsafe ways and he was scared he caused permanent damage.

"Uh, Tord?" Edd knocked on the door, "You sound like you're breathing all weird?"

Tears were starting to grow in Tord's eyes.

Pull it together.

"Tord?"

Silence.

"Tord, I'm coming in, I swear!" Edd barked quietly at him.

"I-I'm fine! Don't come in here!" his voice cracked and he has to do something dangerous.

Something that could end his friendship with Edd.

He was not okay, he couldn't breathe.

He had to tell Edd he was born a female. He had no choice.