Chapter 11

[PAST SERENA CONT.]

My body ached from stiffness and the coldness that seeped through the wooden floorboards, and the air that confined me. Shivering and most likely looking like a dishevelled mess, I clutched onto the rag Pan had thrown at me and hugged it around my frail body like my life depended on it.

In a way, it did.

He left that morning without a word, leaving me bread scraps and dirty water for a 'meal'. Of course, I didn't touch it, and ignoring the hunger pains and thirst was easier than getting a probable disease or illness.

Shaking, I kept my eyes on the door, semi-hoping someone, anyone, would find me...but I doubted it. There wasn't any hope.

Clutching onto my arms still, I squinted my eyes shut. My father, my family...are they okay? I had so many questions and I knew I wouldn't get any answers, especially not from this psychotic boy. Why was he even keeping me here? I was of no use to him...

He wouldn't even let me trade my freedom for my father's life, so there was no point in trying to bargain anything.

The door whipped open and I jumped at the sudden noise, my weary eyes looking up to meet the dark ones of Pan. He glared right back at me before slamming it shut, causing me to jump in my spot once again. Keeping his back to me, he moved his head, like he was cautiously trying to see me.

"You don't need to worry about going back to a home," and with his words, I quickly scattered up into a standing position, keeping the blanket wrapped around me with my eyes wide.

"Wait, what do you mean?"

He started to chuckle and I took a step back...scared. "What did you do?" But before he could even answer the question, someone else slammed inside and Pan was instantly greeted with a loud punch to the face.

"WHAT THE HELL, PAN?"

It was another boy, blonde shaggy hear, a scarred face and a black-hooded cloak. I stumbled backwards even further, my bottom lip dropped. "THAT WASN'T PART OF THE PLAN!" Well, this boy is clearly mad...

Pan arched himself back into a standing position, rubbing his jaw that was already starting to bruise.

"You'll pay for that, Felix..." he grumbled, spitting out blood nice and clear.

"I don't care. You went too far."

"What is going on?" I yelled, impatient at their bickering; in the corner of my eye, I noticed another blonde boy enter and he refused to look my way.

"I did what had to be done!" Pan yelled at the boy, Felix.

"YOU DESTROYED HER –"

"FELIX, enough!" the other blonde yelled, taking hold of the supposed Felix's arm. The two shared a prolonged glance before Pan met mine, pursing his lips. Just as he started to approach me, the three boys were flown backwards by an unknown force and a bright, red light erupted in front of me. When it slowly faded...

"A fairy," I said, half-breathless from shock. She wore red and orange, which perfectly matched her dark skin-tone and her black hair was beautifully braided. But her face was stern and she turned to look at Pan who had just started to stand.

"You..." she sneered and took a single step forward...before stopping herself. She took a deep breath, holding her chin up; Pan glared back at her without a smirk or anything cocky.

"You should listen to your henchmen," she sneered. "You shouldn't have done what you did." And, as expected, Pan started to smirk.

"That girl behind you is of much importance to me, fairy," he sneered back and I swallowed down the lump in my throat, momentarily lost. I thought...what's he going on about?