Chapter three: Awaking

Chapter three:

Awaking

I awoke with my vision blurred. In front of me a saw a dark shape. My vision began to clear and I saw a man in front of me dabbing my head with a wet rag. "You're alive," He said. I just moaned. My head throbbed and hurt terribly. The man before me was tan with shoulder length wavy hair. His hair was black with little wisps of gray. His beard matched but at the tips they looked to be on fire. He had dangerous blue eyes and several scars on his face. He smiled at me. He had dazzling white teeth.

I slowly began to sit up. He backed away a bit. I moaned and rubbed my temples. "You alright lass?" He asked sitting on a stool. "Not really. My head hurts and I have a thirst for something to drink," I said. He stood up and picked up a bottle of rum. "I hope you like rum," He said handing me the bottle. I unplugged the cork and began to drink. I took giant gulps then put the cork back on and handed it back to him. He looked stunned. I knew what he was about to ask. "It's a, shall we say an addiction I have acquired," I said. He just smiled. "What is going on? Where am I?" I asked. "You are on the Queen Anne's revenge love," He replied. My heart jumped for joy. 'Maybe there is a chance.' I thought. 'I would have remembered his face though.'

"Lass if you don't mind but I need to go aboard deck. I will tell you the story later. Come out on deck when you feel better," He said standing up. He placed a tri- cornered hat with silver nobs lining all around the edges. He shut the door leaving me to myself. I slipped out of the bed and put my boots and coat on, along with my sword and pistol. I looked in the little room and noticed all my things were neatly piled in the corner of the room. I walked out of the room into the bright sunlight. The crew I saw was running around swabbing the deck tying the sails and other things. One of the crew members saw me and hurried over to me. "Ello poppet a pleasure to see you is well," He said. He had long thin hair. He had a thin white shirt with lace cuff. He also wore a brown waist coat stained in area from gunpowder. He had a little stubble on his face.

"My name is Jacoby first mate of this fine ship," He said proudly. "Helena, nice to meet you," I said. I couldn't imagine him as the first mate. I looked at his black stained tri-cornered hat when I remembered something. Where is Cassia? "Where is my Horse?" I asked urgently. "Who? Oh you mean that crazy horse. He should be around here somewhere," He said looking around. At the bow of the ship I saw Cassia. He was wondering around. Probably looking for something to eat. The second he saw me he sprinted over to me nearly knocking me off my feet. "Hey buddy," I said rubbing his soft black nose. He still had his saddle and bridle on. He must have been dying of heat. "Jacoby, where can I keep him?" I asked. "Oh you can take this bloke below deck. There is a stable," He said leading the way. He led the way to the stable then left me. I unhitched him and let him rest. He must have had a hard night.

I went back up and saw that everyone was busy except for one. He was tall and slender. He had messy black hair and tan skin. He had a scar under the right corner of his eye that looked like an 'X'. I noticed his hat. He wore a brown tri-cornered hat. It fit his head just right. He had a white shirt with a black waist coat over it. His sea boots were black and looked almost like mine except his were a bit shorter. He leaned against the mast watching everyone else. He looked up and saw me and smiled. I just turned around and left him. I walked up to the steering wheel where Jacoby stood watching the sea. "Can I help?" I asked. "No maybe later lass. I have been meaning to tell you something. Be careful around the men if you know what I mean," He said. I nodded. "Jacoby, who is that young man by the mast?" I asked. He squinted and looked in the distance then back at me. "'Im, that's Talon Matthews. He came from I believe Spain, but he talks like an English man," He said. "Ah good to know" I replied.

I watched Jacoby steer the ship and watch the men work. "Oh I have been meaning to also tell you that the Captain wants to see you in his quarters," He said. "Alright" I said. I walked down the stairs to the captain's cabin. I opened the door and I saw him sitting in a chair behind desk reading a map. "Captain you wanted to see me," I said slipping in. He looked up and smiled. He gestured me to sit. "I never did get you name lass what is it?" He asked leaning back in his chair. "My name is Helena," I replied. "Well Helena why were you in the middle of the sea in a life boat with a horse?" He asked.

"Well let's just say I needed to get away,"

"You seem a woman of many secrets,"

"Yes with the people I lived with I had to,"

"Why is that?"

"They hated me and anything I showed them they gave to their kids,"

"Your parents gave away your things,"

"No they're not my parents. My parents died in a fire twelve years ago in Spain,"

"Really? My daughter died in a fire too,"

"How old was she?"

"Five,"

"I was five when my parents died,"

He paused for a minute. He glanced at my sword and pistol. "Where did you get that sword and pistol?" He finally asked. "These I got from my father. He gave them to me before he died," I replied. I looked at the sword and pistol. He seemed to be thinking about something. "May I see the sword?" He asked. "Sure," I said. I handed him the sword. He took it in his hands and examined the blade carefully. "I know this is a crazy question but did this come with a letter?" He asked. "Yes, how did you know?" I asked handing him the letter. He opened the letter and read over it. My mind began to real with questions. 'How did he know about the letter?' I thought. He looked up at me.

He set the letter down. He stood up and walked in front of the desk and looked at me. "What was your father's name?" He asked. My heart raced. "Edward Teach or Captain Blackbeard," I said. Tears formed in his eyes. "Helena it's me," He said. "What?" I asked. Is this my father or just another captain? "My name is Edward Teach, Your father," He said through tears of joy.

I stood up and looked him deep in the eyes. I recognized those eyes. Cold on the outside and warm on the inside. I remembered the long thick black hair and the tan skin. "Father, Oh my god father," I cried. I hugged his neck tight. After twelve years I was finally back in my father's arms. I could hear him choking up with tears. I too wept tears of joy. He pulled back and looked at my face. "I thought I lost you," He staggered through tears. "I thought I lost you too father," I laughed.

Father had told me that while I was escaping a pillar fell on my mother. She had told him to go and find me, that I was more important. When he got out he could not find me, so he went to his ship to and sailed all around Spain looking for him. It had taken him six months to accept that I was gone. "By then I was already in England being tortured by the Richmond's," I told him. "Wait a minute James and Clarisse Richmond?" He asked angrily. "Yes they live in New Forest England," I answered. "Those two are the reason I lost part of my best crew. I was in New Forest, and I told my crew to enjoy themselves. When they returned they said that a couple of people had reported some of the crew to the police because they thought that they were being too loud. When they recognized the crew they were arrested. I hate those bastards," He growled. "Well now they have children; Jason, Sarah, Robert, and Emma. All of them hate me except Emma who is fascinated with me," I explained

I could tell that he really hated the Richmond's because they thought of themselves as Kings and Queens. When I told him they had children he nearly punched a hole in the wall. "Father there is no need to get mad. They don't matter now that I am here," I said relaxing him. He calmed down and relaxed in his chair. "You are right Helena. Tonight we will have a party in your honor," He said. "I'd love that. By the way now that I am part of the crew and your daughter will I call you father or Captain?" I asked. He chuckled. It was low and smooth. "Call me captain on deck," He laughed.