Chapter two: Sailing escape

Chapter two:

Sailing escape

Inside the box was a sword with a black hilt, a pistol, and a letter. I picked the pistol up. It was brown with silver designs. I tossed it from one hand to the other then set it back in the box. I picked the letter up and opened the wax seal. I pulled an old piece of paper out neatly folded. I carefully opened it and began to read:

My dearest daughter Helena,

I give you these things as the beginning of your future. I have kept a secret from you that I must now tell you in this letter. I am not just simple person working a simple job. I do something that comes with freedom. I am the notorious pirate Captain Blackbeard. The reason I have kept this from you is to protect you from the dangers, but now that you are a young lady you are now old enough to join my crew on the Queen Anne's revenge. I am pleased that me, you and your mother can finally sail freely without worrying if I will be taken out of my home in front of my greatest treasure, You. I will see you soon my dearest.

With love,
Father

I nearly fainted. I was the long lost daughter of Edward Teach, Blackbeard. The pirate all pirates fear and respect. 'How is that possible?', I thought. I didn't know if I should jump for joy or be frustrated. I had always thought that I was too good at stealing, sword fighting, and other things. I am meant to be on a pirate ship at sea not sitting on land doing nothing. I suddenly felt joyful. I had an escape from this hell. Suddenly it hit me. My father has been dead for twelve years. His crew was probably dead or had another captain.

I set the letter in the envelope and slid the lid back on the box. I buried it under hay and my saddle so no one would find it. I went up on deck and looked around. Sarah was sitting in a chair reading not paying attention to me. Jason was helping the captain and his father decide which direction to go in. By the look of them they were completely lost. I knew that we needed to head east, and then north to Canterbury. I didn't bother to tell them because they would just wave me away. I walked over to the railing. I leaned on it looking out into the sea. A breeze picked up making the bottom of my black trench coat flutter.

Suddenly I heard Emma's voice. I turned around and saw Robert and her arguing. Sarah didn't care and her mother was probably in her cabin sorting things. I watched them carefully. I have known Robert since he was born and I know that when he gets mad he does three things.

He screams, calls names, and fights. Then in the middle of the argument Robert slapped Emma making her fall to the ground. She began to cry. Sarah didn't move. Neither did Jason or James. I jogged over there. Robert was still yelling at her. "That is what you get you stupid girl. This is what happens when you try to play with my toys without my permission," He yelled. 'These damn people have spoiled these children to the point of madness.' I thought. Emma lay on the ground crying her heart out. I stood behind Robert watching them, waiting for someone to spank this bastard child.

Emma looked up at me. She stood up and ran over to me and hugged me tight rubbing her tears into my right leg. "Robert you have crossed a line. Your parents should have spanked you, but they are too lazy to take care of your tantrums," I picked Emma up. She buried her face in my shoulder. "If you ever slap this girl again I will do the same to you except a lot harder. Understand you mangy flea bitten dog," I said. Robert looked furious. I turned away and headed below deck. "Helena I told you not to ever call my brother a name again. Now you are going to pay for it," Jason yelled. I turned around and saw him standing in the middle of the deck. I set Emma down. "Emma, go below deck I will meet you down there soon," I told her. She was turning to leave when Jason yelled, "Emma, don't. I want you to see what happens when you do not obey your brother and you depend on this bitch for help," I looked down at her. I jerked my head towards the stairs. She understood and ran down the stairs. Jason got furious and ran for the stairs. I ran after him and beat him to the stairs. Out of a reflex I pulled my dagger out and held it to his throat. I walked forward making him walk backwards into the mast.