Chapter two: Sailing escape

Start from the beginning

"You listen to me you bastard. If you ever call me a bitch or tell Emma that she should obey her damn eight your old spoiled brat of a brother, then you will answer to me and this blade is that clear?" I said through clenched teeth. At first he looked terrified then angry. I took the blade away from his throat and placed it back in the holster. I turned around and went down the stairs. I went to the stables, and there was no sign of Emma. Then I heard sniffling in the stall with the hammock I set up. I walked in and saw her sitting in the corner holding her knees. Her face buried in her knees. I crouched down and touched her hair. She looked up at me. "You are very brave Helena for taking on Jason. I believe he is going to kill you now," She sniffled.

"Emma, even if Jason had an armada against me he wouldn't kill me, you know why?" I said. I sat on the floor now my legs crossed. She shook her head. I picked her up and set her on my lap. I hugged her tight. She laid her head against my chest. "Because I am strong no matter what life throws at me, even if Jason tries to kill me," I whispered. She hugged my neck. She stood up and said that she needed to go back to her mother before she comes and gets her herself. She ran off onto the now dark deck. I slipped my boots off and trench coat and laid them on the fence. I lay down in the hammock and looked at the ceiling. "Am I crazy Cassia or am I actually considering going to look for the Queen Anne's revenge?" I asked. He stared at me blankly then snorted. "That's what I thought," I said. I closed my eyes then fell into a deep sleep.

I dreamt of that terrible night when everything changed. I saw my mother and father telling me to go. I saw that same little boy pull my foot loose of that floor board and carry me out. He laid me down then ran off into the night. Suddenly I awoke to water being poured onto my face. "Wha...What the..." I growled. Then the hammock flipped over and I was flat on the ground. "You son of a bitch! I outta chop you up in little pieces and feed you to the dogs," I growled standing up. I turned around and saw Jason and Robert both smiling deviously at me. "Good morning whore. How did you sleep?" Jason smirked. "About as good as you are good at being a bastard," I shot back. His smirk turned into a scowl. The boys ran up on deck. I wiped my hand down my face. My wavy black hair was soaked. I looked over at Cassia who looked at the stairs where the boys had just left. He looked as if he was about to break the fence and charge after them. I looked at the stairs and listened. I could hear them up on deck laughing. Then I heard Clarisse and Sarah as they joined in the laughter. I looked back at Cassia. "Cassia, we need to get out of here even if we don't find the Queen Anne's revenge," I said. He seemed to understand what I said. I put my boots and coat on and ran up to the deck.

The second I came into the light Jason ran towards me yelling, "Get her!" In an instant I ran towards the shrouds and climbed. I could feel the second that they started to climb. The ropes began to shake as Jason climbed feverously to catch me. I climbed faster keeping my balance. Then I reached the first yard arm on the main mast. Ropes hung loose and fluttering in the sea breeze. I looked to my right and saw Jason almost to the yard. I had to make a decision. I didn't have time to think in an instant he would be on the yard running towards me as best as he could without falling. In a single second I leaped from the yard, grabbed the ropes, and began to swing around. I held on for dear life praying he didn't have a knife. I easily reached the ground and ran for the forepeak. I remembered that it was at the front of the boat under the bowsprit.

I reached the forepeak and hid. I tried to relax and process what I had just done. "There's a pirate for you," I said. I relaxed when I heard the boys arguing on deck about who lost me and whose fault it was. I listened carefully and when I could no longer hear them I emerged. I ran quickly to the lower deck. I made it without anyone seeing me except a couple of gulls. I reached the stall and began to pack all my things. I pulled the wooden box out and opened it. The sword had a sheath of black leather and a strap that matched. It had a silver buckle in the middle of the strap that looked like the sun inside a crescent moon. I slipped it on over my head and let it rest on my right shoulder. It fit perfectly. I took the pistol out and placed it in my black leather belt with my dagger. The belt I stole had a place for a pistol, but I never had one so I used it to old the branches sometimes.

I grabbed the letter and slipped it in my coat pocket safe and sound. I looked outside and the night had come. I grabbed the old hammock and piled the things in it. I tied it all in a knot. I grabbed some provisions and gunpowder. I then threw it all in a life boat. I saddled Cassia, who was happy to leave the stall, and placed him in the life boat. He whinnied when I didn't get in. "Shhh.... I will be back Cassia. I need to check to see if I have everything," I whispered. He seemed to understand and didn't make a peep. I went below deck and looked around. Right as I was about to leave I fell to the ground. It went black.

~

I awoke with a huge headache. I tried to rub my head, but I couldn't move my arms. I looked down and saw that I was tied to the mast. Then I heard laughter. I looked up and saw two evil faces. Jason and James stood before me laughing in triumph. "I told you. That this was not over you bitch," Jason said. He came closer to me with a devious smile on his face. "Who is a bastard now?" He smirked. I scowled him and spit in his eye. He grunted and back away. "It is still you," I snapped. They both left. I heard their footsteps behind me walk off into the distance. I leaned my head back on the mast and moved my hands around to see if I could wriggle out. Then I touched something. My dagger.

I looked around to see if anyone noticed. No one saw me. I wriggled down a bit; just enough to put my hand on the knife. I looked around once more and began to cut. As I kept cutting I could feel the ropes loosening. In a second the ropes fell off in a pile. I slid the knife back in my belt and bolted for the boat. "Stop her!" James yelled. I looked up at the steering wheel and James and Jason were sprinting towards me. Then I saw Clarisse coming towards me. I made it to the rail, but they had me pinned. I had my back to the rail. Clarisse, James, Jason and some crew memebers had made a semicircle around me. I noticed James and Jason both had a rifle. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Emma to my left. I grabbed her and held her in a choke hold. I pulled my pistol and held it to her head. They all took a step back. "You wouldn't dare," Jason said. "Try me," I said. Sarah took a step towards me and I cocked the hammer. "You care for her too much," He argued. "Really want to find out how this happens," I scowled. "Hold very still Emma. No sudden movements," I whispered to her. She tensed up.

I was too focused on Emma and the pistol to notice Jason raise his rifle. In a split second he hit me in the head with the bud of the rifle. I let go of Emma and fell back landing in the life boat. Cassia reacted just in time. He bit the ropes causing us to drop into the sea. I was out cold. I was adrift with only a few provisions and my best friend. Not knowing what lied ahead.