Chapter 12

'

As he stepped onto the final rung of the ladder, his head broke into the night sky as it may do into a swimming pool of stars.

All around him, darkness was swirling, freckled with spots of light like raindrops on a window. The moon was high and round and casting a glow across the stone floor.

In the centre lay a boy who's grey eyes were illuminated by the sky. His hair was the colour of the moon and his pearly skin looked as though it was made of milk, pale and creamy.

He wasn't sure what to say. 'Hello' seemed trivial, 'hey' too casual, 'good evening' too formal and 'greetings' too creepy. After almost a minute of internal debate he cleared his throat and Draco turned round.

'Harry!' he jumped up. Draco seemed to want to come in for a hug but Harry, still not used to this new...bond they shared, was not ready and Draco, seeing Harry's arms laying stiffly by his sides refrained from hugging him and stood back awkwardly.

'Hi Draco. I've brought food and a picnic blanket if you're hungry..' he mumbled.

'Are you okay Harry?'
'Yeah. It's just...what are we?'
'What are we? What do you mean?'
'Well we're obviously not enemies any more, we're more than friends but we honestly don't know each other very well and I just want to know. That's all.'

Draco thought for a moment. 'I don't really know to be completely honest. I mean...I really like you but you haven't exactly told me you like me too.'

'Of course I like you, you idiot' Harry replied, laughing in spite of himself. Draco laughed as well

'So...'

Harry nodded encouragingly, 'Yes?'

'Harry Potter, will you be my boyfriend?'

'Hmmm...I'll have to think about that'. Draco pushed him playfully 'Draco Malfoy, I will be your boyfriend. On one condition.'

'Yes?' said Draco, a hint of nerves seeping into his voice.

'Dobby has packed scotch eggs in the picnic and I swear to god, if you eat any of them, I will not date you ever!'

Laughingly Draco kissed Harry, smiling against his lips and with that they settled down to eat a picnic under the stars.

So hey, in the past two days this story's reads has broken into the hundreds and honestly, I'm so so so so so grateful. I never thought I would even get 20 reads but you've all surprised me and made me really happy so thank you for that! I'm thinking about changing the story's name to Peppermint so watch out for that!