Fate

A/N
So this is a short story. I know it's all over the place, sorry. Bear with me because I might make it more extended/ with more detail. Enjoy... hopefully.

Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl. They didn't know each other and led separate lives. Although they had no knowledge of one another they had the same privileges. See, they were a princess and prince. Both entitled to a life without hardship, though not a life without sacrifice. Because of their upbringing, they both understood what was needed of them. She was to marry to secure an alliance with a larger kingdom, and he with a richer one. The countries were neighbors so of course there were treaties in place to ensure peace, but beyond that there was little interaction between them. Both the prince and princess snuck out regularly. They wanted to feel normal, with no weight on their shoulders. In a strange act of fate they came face to face while sneaking out. They saw each other not realizing who the other was. Romance was struck up immediately, though neither truly invested themselves because of their duties to their kingdoms. Despite trying to stay away, it soon became apparent that what they had couldn't be ignored or snuffed out. Their secret meetings late at night continued even as arrangements were made for the royals to meet and marry. Both knew the sweeping romance would have to come to an end soon, and both knew that they would never see the other again. They agreed that their time was up and even after only two months both left the meeting broken hearted. Soon the prince left to begin the journey to his bride. Although he knew his duty it was difficult to keep the green eyed beauty out of his thoughts. Many times he wanted to turn around, alliance be damned, but he knew he would never do it. Putting himself above the good of his kingdom was never going to happen and he had accepted that. Meanwhile  the princess had the same difficulties. She wanted to run away. Away from her birth right and into her Amber eyes lover's arms. Their struggle was constant. Both knew what they'd had was love and they'd had to leave it behind for a political arrangement. The prince arrived within a week and it was no surprise that he and his company wanted to rest a refresh themselves before meeting the princess. It was decided that they would see each other the next morning, though the princess couldn't wait till then. She used the secret tunnels to get inside of his rooms to see what he looked like. She'd barely made it to the bedside before he tackled her to the ground demanding what she wanted. Of course he was surprised she was there and asked her why she'd followed him. She said she'd done no such thing and demanded to know who he really was. He declared that he was the prince and prompted her to reveal who she was. Responding with princess their shock turned into disbelief. How could they be so lucky?