A 'Friendly' Dinner

After finding Gustavo and lugging him out of Starbucks, I shoved him into the passengers seat of his truck. He was about to swap sits with me until I paired him with a ferocious glare.

"I'm driving, give me the keys." I commanded while sticking my hand out until I felt the cool metal of his keys seep into my skin. Fisting my hands around it I plugged it into the ignition and began to drive. As soon as we reached the first stop light I turned to Gustavo and told him about 'the douche bag at Starbucks'.

As soon as I finished Gustavo's jaw was practically on the floor.

Quickly giving me a look he placed himself into a sassy position while snapping his fingers in a Z formation and saying "Geez girl, what a douche! But damn girl, you got moves!"

"Umm, thank-you....." I mumbled

As soon as we reached Dad's mansion I parked Gustavo's car on the elongated driveway and hopped out of the seat. Although I appeared calm and collected on the outside I was fuming on the inside, but the rant to Gustavo sure did help.

Stepping into the house I turned to go upstairs to my room to peacefully scream into my pillow, but alas I was stopped.

"Where were you this afternoon?" Dad, ahem I mean Tristan questioned with barely contained anger. 

"What's it ya?" I questioned rather rudely.

"I understand that we don't have the best relationship, but I'm still your father! I demand respect from you! I honestly expected more from you-"

"And I expected more from you! You were never there for me or Taz and you dare question me! My first ballet recital where were you? Oh yes, with Nicole celebrating your half anniversary!  Where were you when Taz was born? Oh yeah! With Ruby on her dance recital! Oh and don't even get me started on your empty promises!"

"Rae, honey you've got to understand-"

"Understand what? You know what forget it, talking to you is useless." I mumbled before stomping upstairs to my room and flinging myself onto my bed.

I screamed into my pillow until I voice was hoarse, yet I still felt guilty for showing my anger on Tristan (Yes he was Tristan now).

Walking into the elaborate bathroom I quickly washed my face and threw my hair into a fishtail braid.

I fiddled with my phone and headed downstairs to eat dinner, and good thing too because I was starving from skipping lunch. On the way to the dining room I heard loud hoots of laughter and slivers of small talk. Curiously I entered the room only to drop my phone in shock. The clang of my phone attracted the attention of my family, Tristan, Noelle, Ruby, and him.

"What the peanut butter and jelly are you doing here?!" I shrieked

Although he did have an unpleasant attitude I couldn't deny that he was hot.  He sported a long gray button down which fit him snuggly and a pair of casual blue jeans. His hair was carefully tousled into the classic 'I just got out of bed way', and his face was scrunched up in confusion. Well I guess that he's used to insulting girls so much that he forgets who they were, how rude!

"Why you little attention who-" Ruby began, but quickly stopped herself because of Taz's presence.    

"Listen lady I apologize for my behavior earlier, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." He remarked with a charming smile.

I would've swooned if he was such a #@&*%^&, excuse my profanity.

"Apologize for what?" Tristan voiced out while trying to act like the over-protective father."

Before he could say anything I quickly mumbled nothing and joined them at the table.

"Rae could you look any uglier? You are practically polluting our first class environment!" Noelle shrieked while pouting with her Botox filled face.

Simply ignoring her I chatted with Taz and Mom. After dinner was served douche's dad attempted to get everyone's attention.

"Can I have everyone's attention please," a deep baritone voice rumbled, "my wife, son, and I came here to discuss the probable engagement of Ruby and Dante, so can we please get to the point, not that we don't enjoy your company of course."

Now this engagement totally makes sense! The she-devil and pretty boy over here may get married! Woooooo! After getting over my happiness and slight twinge of jealousy (WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!) I finally tuned into the conversation.

"-this wedding would also be financially good as well since both our businesses would be combining-" Tristan rambled

I just began to space out and gobble down the delicious food, until pretty boy's (I mean Dante's) loud outburst.

"I DON'T WANT TO GET BLOODY MARRIED!"

"Now son Ruby is a very sweet girl and you would make a fine couple-" Dante's Mom began.

"NO! WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST STICK THIS MARRIAGE UP YOUR-"

"Children in the room!" I screamed

"I apologize for my language and tone of voice but I cannot marry her, simply because our personalities would contrast too much."

"Dante I'm sure you guys can make this marriage work!" Noelle uttered desperately.

"I'm sorry I don't think so, thank you for inviting me to your home." Dante announced while excusing himself from the table and walking out. His parents feeling mortified plastered smile on their faces and followed him out the door.