Her smile was way too familiar whenever one of her other friends started shamelessly flirting with him in front of his sister. But Devon shook that thought away and glared at Sierra.

"Mind explaining what the fuck this is supposed to be?" He growled and Ester flinched at his tone. Sierra didn't seem fazed when she eventually reached her brother and hugged him.

"Hello to you too, big brother." She said, squeezing his shoulders. Devon exhaled loudly and squeezed her back before drawing away from her.

"We don't mind explaining, but over a warm cup of tea. Thank you." Sierra said, already turning around and hooking her arm through Ester's as they walked into the living room. Ester's jaw almost hit the floor.

She thought the exterior was beautiful, but the interior was beyond that. The room was open, making it seem way bigger. With a brown couch and a black coffee table in the center. Some walls were marble and the painted ones were kept beige and brown.

"I'll help you make the tea." Sierra suddenly said as she lead Ester towards the couch.
"We'll be back soon. Make yourself comfortable." Sierra smiled and Ester frowned at that. Something about her smile was off.

And she knew right then and there that Sierra did see what happened right before she interrupted them.

Sierra quickly turned around and met her brother in the hallway. He had by now closed his robe and followed his sister into the kitchen. He didn't even have to look at her in order to know she was mad.

"Sierra." He sighed when they finally stopped in front of the refrigerator. Sierra just shook her head and then looked through all the cabinets. Where the heck was the tea?

"Look at me." Devon ordered, but his sister didn't, ignoring his presence.
"It was a moment of weakness, we hate each other. You know that." He explained.

"Of course. That's why you almost kissed." Sierra finally said, hissing in a low tone so Ester didn't hear them. Devon rubbed the side of his face and then shook his head. He didn't even know what happened between him and Ester. Why did he suddenly feel the need to kiss her?

"And the worst thing is, Devon. I brought her with me because I thought she was different. I thought I finally found a friend who did not swoon over you. Watch her start asking me questions about you in the next few days." Sierra slammed a cupboard close and then closed her eyes in frustration.

"It's not like that, Sierra. You know she's not like that." Devon told his sister.
"Oh, now you're protecting her?" Sierra scoffed.

"God damn it, Sierra! I don't have to fucking protect her. You know that's right." He growled.
"Are you even listening to yourself? She's your friend. I know she's off limits." He continued and Sierra glared up at him.

"Do you? Because that moment of weakness, as you call it, could cause a lot of issues. Wasn't Stacy a lesson? Why do you have to fuck everything up?" Sierra was angry. But that anger was nothing compared to how Devon felt in this moment.

"Then you shouldn't have fucking brought her! You shouldn't have even come here! I don't want any of you girls here. I just want my fucking peace? Is that too much to ask for?!" He exploded and Sierra narrowed her eyes at him.

"Of course. The typical Devon move. As soon as you feel pressured, you push everybody away. I just wanted to surprise you, because I missed you." Sierra's eyes started to water. Devon immediately regretted his outburst and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"But you're right. We shouldn't have come here. I'm acting like the clingy little sister again, my apologies." She sniffed and turned away from him. But Devon stopped her by gripping her elbow.

"Don't run away from me. I'm sorry." He sighed and pulled her towards him. Sierra wrapped her arms around him and cried into his robe. Devon gently stroked his sister's hair and just let her cry as a single tear fell down his cheek.

After what felt like half an hour, they pulled apart and Sierra wiped her wet cheeks. She gave Devon a week scoff and reached up to wipe his tear away.

"I'm sorry for being dramatic again." She felt the need to apologize, but Devon chuckled.
"It's fine really. Whenever the guys look at you, I snap at them too." He shrugged and Sierra rolled her eyes.

"That's just because you're an ass. Come on, let's make that damn tea and check up on Ester, before she thinks we forgot about her." Sierra rolled her eyes and then looked for the tea again. Devon nodded and helped her find it.

After a few more minutes they finally finished the tea and made their way towards the living room.

"How come you have no maid to help you cook and such? I remember we always had a maid in here." Sierra asked while carefully carrying the drinks.
"I don't need a maid. I cook at home too. Besides, I wanted to be alone." Devon answered and they finally reached the living room.

"Where did she go?" Sierra looked at the couch, where Ester was supposed to sit. Devon frowned and looked around.

"Ester!" He shouted and his loud voice should be heard everywhere around the house. But when they searched every single room, even the back and front yards and couldn't find her, Sierra panicked.

It was pouring cats and dogs by now and Ester's obviously never been around here. Where the heck could she go?

 Where the heck could she go?