Chapter One (Six in the Morning)

Carlos' P.O.V.

Saturdays are for sleeping in. Saturdays are for relaxing. Saturdays are not for getting phone calls at six in the morning from James.

"What. Do you want?"

"Have you seen my sister?" James panicking about not knowing the whereabouts of his  sister is one way to wake someone up.

"Aye! No. Is she missing?"

"No shit, Captain Obvious."

I thuoght I was grouchy in the morning. 

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"Last night when she went on a date with that stupid boyfriend of hers." Geez. Belcher's Sea Snakes don't even have venom deadly enough to match that tone.

That boy better pray.

"Did you try calling her?" Probably, but just covering all the bases and trying to keep his head level.

"Are you fucking nuts?! Of course I tried calling her! And him! And Olivia! She says that he just got back, but Chris isn't with him. And -"

"James. Calm down. Tr -"

"I fucking swear! One more person tells me to calm down and I'm gonna break something." I doubt you haven't broken anything yet. "And if you ask me one more stupid question I will jump through this phone and personally gouge your eyes out with my bare hands."

Well, we know who's time of month it is. "I was just going to say, if you haven't already, try Nicole. That's where I would look for Amber."

Someone needs to take a chill pill. I get freaking out because someone you Love is missing, but - knowing Amber - she could get stuck on a mountain in Colorado and last at least a month. James worries about her way to much. She can take care of herself.

I could almost see James rolling his eyes and rubbing his face at my suggestion. "Thanks, man. 'Cuz I would've never thought of that myself."

"Hey, you're the one who asked for my help at six in the morning. Stop worrying, James. She's probably fine."

Wrong thing to say.

"Fine?! Fine! My sister has -" I set the phone on the bedside table and decided to get dressed in case Amber wasn't across the street, attempting to do so without waking my wife up.

Too bad James has a huge mouth. The first words out of Alexa's mouth are, "What the hell is all that noise?"

I put a finger to my lips and pointed to the phone. She leaned over to see who it was and rolled her eyes before rolling herself out of bed.

Eventually, James hung up on me and we could stop being quiet. Alexa was the first to make a peep. "What was that all about?"

"James can't find Amber."

"Que?!" If eyes could bolt out of someone's skull, Alexa's just did.

"It's fine. She's fine."

"How can you say that, Carlos? She could have been kidnapped! She could have been raped! She could have been killed." Alexa looked close to tears as she sat back on the bed.

"Hey, baby. It's okay. No te preocupes. She'll be fine. In pre-school, she beat the crap out of some kid for trying to kiss her. She's been taking tae kwon do her whole life. And have you heard that girl scream at hockey games? She can take care of herself. I really don't see why everyone is freaking out so much. We all know Amber. We all know she could never be away from her brother for more than 24 hours, or they might both drop dead."

The ghost of a smile danced across her beautiful face, shaping the corners of her mouth into that radiant smile of hers. "We should go over to Nicole's. Everyone will probably end up there, anyway."

We always do.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay, so creative juice is running low today, because I've used so much lately and my brain hurts. This chapter is kind of wimpy, but I wanted to get it up for @R5getsLouder. She's doing a BTR Book awards thing. You guys should check it out! :P

*Never Beyond Repair for 3000 Miles*