Chapter I

Heavy footsteps hits the pavement, it's not his usual pace of walking but today he really feels terrible. Last time he checked he didn't caught himself a cold or fever. Yet he feels like his body gone limp, he's even catching his own breath. The weird feeling being drowned, but from what?

Gentle breeze caressed his cheeks, the calm wind of autum starts to danced the loosen leaves from their stems, as the branches sways goodbye from their lost bind. Some of the falling leaves passed his line of sight. Like the days that quickly pass in front of him, leaving him behind. He can't catch a grip on the raging flow of time. Time won't wait for him, he knew that, yet he feels like there's nothing for him to live for. Part of him thinks he's better being dead since that's what he feels like inside. But fate didn't allow him. He doesn't know why. He feels like there's an invisible force stoping him from his wants to disappear. Well he have no reason to end his life, yet he had not found the purpose in living either.

He release a sigh.

His frustrated that's one thing for sure.

Frustrated from trying to change himself over and over again. They say it's natural since he is at the peak of his adolescence stage. That teenager's curiosity from doing new things is natural. This is the phase where they start to found out what their talent and skills, enhancing for their future. Some starts following their dreams with each little steps they take. This is the time where they felt more the most, most passion, determination and even love. Everybody seems to found whatever they where looking for.

However in his case he's still searching. He is a troubled soul without a direct path, or is there even a path for him to walk through?

What is it that I want the most?

But do I have one in the first place?

Yes of course I have.

He abruptly stop from his steps and looked at the innocent blue sky. One of his habit everytime he was submerged from deep thoughts.

Even it's just a wishful thinking.

He let out a weary sigh and continued his walk on his way from school.

. . .

Lunchtime, he is striding his way up through the stairway to reach his favorite spot: the rooftop. He feels better spending his time all by himself, since he doesn't have a friend or any acquaintances to accompany him. Maybe it's better that way since he is too awkward to bear, besides nobody wants to be friend with him anyway.

When he finally reached the door, he twist the doorknob pushing the door open. Fresh open air welcome him. When he looked around his body gone stiff and his eyes got wide open. He didn't expect someone stays here earlier than him. And the girl seems oblivious to his presence since her back is facing him and earpiece are plugged from her ears. Seems like the girl is singing along whatever song she is listening.

When you high oh na na na
When you low oh na na na
Let me be your friend
Baby let me in
Tell you no lies oh na na na

Then she hummed from the beat.

Co'z I got you. . .

He slowly walk away from the girl trying to get on the other side of the rooftop where he could leave the girl alone doing what she wants to do and so he could eat his lunch alone.

But then he didn't notice the can he's about to step on since he keep watching the girl, too scared to be noticed. And that was his biggest mistake, when he finally land a step on top of the can, it was too late because the can produce a crushing sound loud enough to catch the girl's attention.