I'm Falling, Can You Catch Me? {Sasuke Modern Story} - Ch. 5

That next morning i woke up to the ringing of my cell phone. i groaned and looked at the screen. Emi. 

          "Hello?"

     "Don't forget, I'm picking you up in an hour."

"Yes, i know." 

    "Then get your lazy butt outta bed and get ready."

"Ugh, fine." I was not a morning person. 

             I rolled out of bed and stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was sticking out every which way and my baggy t-shirt was crinkled. Slowly, I combed out my matted hair. I put it into a pony-tail, letting my bangs fall, framing my face. I changed into a pair of black shorts and a pink t-shirt with a blushing cupcake on the front. I then went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. 

            By the time i was done Emi was hammering at the front door. One of these days shes gonna break the door. 

           "Coming!" I yelled. 

         Before opening the door I reached to the top of the refrigerator and grabbed a large wooden box. Inside was at least four hundred dollars. I took out a few bills and went to the door. As I swung it open Emi let out a long breath, " Finally, now lets goooo!" 

                   She dragged me to her car and sped off. 

        "Whoa, slow down there." I warned. 

     "Sorry I'm just so excited," she let off the petal a little, "you know how long I've been waiting for this Amaya. What if after the date he never wants to talk to me again, what if I cant find an outfit, oh god, what if I forget to wear pants?!" 

             "cool it Emi, you'll be fine. plus, me and duckbutt will be there too so no worries." I assured her. 

        For the duration of the ride Emi talked about how blue Naruto's eyes were and how she could stare into them forever. I just sat there and added input as needed. At the mall, Emi wasted no time dragging me into every store she saw fit. We had been to almost every one and I still didn't have an outfit that was Emi approved. Maybe i could use that as an excuse not to go. But i knew i had to for Emi's sake. 

             She had bought a baby pink lace skirt that reached her mid thigh. A whit tank top with a soft grey cardigan over it for when it got cooler. The outfit matched perfectly with her soft brown curls and ivory complexion. To top it off she had bought grey flats and a long stringed pearl necklace. Naruto was gonna pass out when he saw her.

             At the moment she was searching through the racks for a suitable outfit. She pulled out a purple skirt with a swirly pattern that might have been long enough to reach my ankles. She held it up for inspection and made a face, putting that one back, she picked a dress that was light blue with ribbons. It was cute and defiantly the best so far. She saw me eyeing it and slung it over her arm with other choices she had made. 

          I wandered over to the shoes they had on display. There were various shapes and colors. One pair had to be at least eight inches high. I cringed at the thought of me attempting to walk in them. 

       Emi appeared behind me and reached for what i though was the wearable death trap and my heart rate quickened. "she wasn't going to make me wear those was she?!!" I panicked. Relief washed through me as she instead grabbed the pair of off white heels. they were about three inches and much safer than the other ones.  

       I guessed she was done because she shoved the pile of clothes at me and and coaxed me toward the changing rooms. I didn't even try on anything but the blue dress. It ws perfect, fit wise. I stepped out of the small space and Emi gasped. 

               I turned to look into the full length mirror. The dress fit in all the right places and the heels made my legs look miles longer then they actually were. I smiled. 

Emi P.O.V. 

       I was waiting for Amaya, to come out. I was excited for the blue dress, it was my favorite. I hoped that she tried that on first. I heard the door open and looked up. My breath caught in my throat. Amaya was wearing the dress and it looked wonderful on her. I had never seen my best friend look more beautiful. She turned to gaze at herself in the mirror. As her eyes took in the sight she smiled. I know she doesn't like Sasuke and I had the impression that he only liked to tease her because of it. But when he saw her tomorrow night he was sure to be speechless. 

Amaya's P.O.V.

         After paying for the dress Emi and I got something to eat and drove back to her house. Maybe this date wouldn't be so bad, other than the fact that Sasuke was my date, but maybe i could look past that. Maybe.    

(Amaya's dress is on the side)