O1. Arrested for Good manners

I quickly tied my turban. I didn't even have to look in the mirror as I knew how to tie it perfectly in less than a minute. It was probably because of my job. I worked as a bodyguard and wallah, I would protect the sahib with my life.

Sahib Ambrose had summoned me, I had just received the missive five minutes ago, hence the reason why I was getting ready in such a hurry. The sahib did not believe in time wasting. I quickly slipped on my shoes and slid by sabre in my belt. I was a bodyguard after all and the sahib was a very powerful man. A man with some very dangerous enemies. It was always best to be cautious and I might need to do some threatening. I smirk at the thought, sometimes I loved my job.

I slipped outside and walked to the sahib's office, making sure to slip into the shadows and checking my back for any tails.  I couldn't take chances with the sahib's life. I was stealthy for my height and size which usually disadvantaged bodyguards of my size. Finally I climbed up the steps and reached his office. The sahib was a very sensible man. Unlike his counterparts he did not waste money on zibrij.How do you say? Errrrr. Ah ornaments.

I walked up to the heavy wood door and knocked three times alerting him to my presence
"Come in" he stated. I quickly walked into the room and stood a meter away from the heavy wood desk and my master.
"You called for me sahib," I answered.
"I need to find a new secretary."
"When sahib?"
"Now."
This did not surprise me as I mentioned before the sahib did not like to waste time. "Time is money is knowledge is power, Karim," he would say.
He got up and walked through the door and I followed him. I had gotten used to him and his mannerisms from the many years I had worked for him. He did not treat me as a lesser man for my colour  or religion and I respected him for it. He in return respected and trusted me to protect him. We had grown to have a strange relationship; part employer and employee and part friendship. Comrades from the experiences we had shared together: saving each other's lives.

The sahib interviewed many men, but none of the suited him. Maybe because they were all himars and too nosy for their own good.
" Karim, let's go."
"Yes Sahib."
We walked to the bank, were the sahib had his meeting.It was a much more cost effective mode of transport.

We were walking up the stone steps when the sahib was approached by a business associate.He was talking on and on to sahib about this house he had. Wilding park.
"... tell you it is in perfect condition." The man said, his double chin wobbling and making big gestures with his pudgy hands. "The best of all the houses I have." He looked like a jelly, a "dessert" from this country I did not understand. So slippery and bland.He was classic man of this society, his indulging finally having caught up with him.
"Indeed?" Sahib questioned, narrowing his eyes infinitesimally. "Interesting that you are willing to part with such a treasure." Indeed it was suspicious, but if he was trying to trick us he was the only one who would suffer, or rather be floating face down in the Thames. I smirked at the thought. That would show him for messing with the sahib.

"It is out of the goodness of my heart, sir, out of the goodness of my heart!" the fat man assured him. "Wilding Park is a treasure, and I hate to part with it, but I know that with you  it will be in good hands." It was becoming increasingly obvious the man was lying. Why on earth would a man who 'hated' to part with his property be persuading the sahib to buy it? He probably needed money for the gambling, drinking and other haram he participated in. The very thought of such evils made me shudder. Thank goodness the sahib was not such a man, he did not succumb to such evils; I could never work for a man who did. To work for an employer you have to respect them and I could never respect a man who would waste his money and health away.

I would bet, if I was not a devote Muslim, many of these pounds that this property was probably in terrible disarray. This was common among the gentlemen as they wasted all their money away on 'having a good time' and did not look after their properties, but I never interfered in the Sahib's business especially as I did not know what he wanted to buy the estate for. The sahib was like that, he never tells anyone what he is doing or what he wants he just does it. Anyway no one could fool the sahib, it would be foolish to try. I should know the people who did try ended up going missing or having rather accidental deaths. All of them except one. That man was the evilest of the evil, even to utter his name would be a mortal sin. He is the enemy of the sahib and any enemy of his is an enemy of mine. 

There was a ver Small chubby man-child coming towards us. He was very strange looking and quite qabih. His features were very feminine and he had no facial hair, yet he looked to be at least 16 years of age. I ignored the boy coming up the steps and turned towards the conversation taking place.

"Bah." The sahib uttered. "I have no time for this.Karim,pay the man and let's be done with it." I was about to nod when he turned to the jelly man and glared, " However you should remember: If you haven't told the truth, I shall be very displeased." He would be very displeased, I almost felt sorry for the jelly man but if he crossed the sahib I would easily slit his throat. 

"Karim? The money." The sahib ordered snapping his fingers. I reached down to get the money out of a pouch fastened to my belt when...