And she also found out that he goes to the club a lot. He texted her drunk three times since they started talking. And he was a good listener, she noted. Whenever she'd tell him about work, he'd ask her how that specific thing was going even days after.

She was slowly but surely starting to like that secret admirer of hers. But something pulled her back from completely trusting him enough to like him like that. She wished he'd just come out already.

Ester looked at her phone again when it vibrated.

We'll, I can't pay attention to him now anyways. I'm meeting my mother in half an hour, gotta get ready. I'll text you tonight. Xo

Ester felt sad and quickly shook her head. She shouldn't feel sad about that. She didn't even know him for heaven's sake. Again, she hurried to reply.

Alright, have fun. I'll be waiting for your text. :)

Was that too much? Was she really going to wait for his text? Ugh, she shouldn't have sent it. Now he probably thought she was extremely into him. But she wasn't, really.

Or was she? No, Ester shook her head and shoved her phone back into her pocket. When she finally looked outside, she noticed a street sign with waves on it. Ester's never been this far away from her home and they've been driving for ages now.

"Are you sure we're not just on a road trip to the other end of the town?" She asked Sierra.
"Yes. In fact, we're almost there. Let's say twenty minutes." Her friend answered. Ester refrained from asking about their whereabouts and just slumped back against her seat.

Twenty minutes? It's been at least an hour when Sierra finally parked the car. When Ester glanced outside, she realized the sun left and grey clouds blocked their view of the sky. It was definitely going to rain and she would've done everything to be at home and have hot chocolate in her freezing hands.

"Doesn't look too good. We should hurry before it starts pouring." Sierra said as she exited her car. Ester followed her friend's action and looked around herself. They were in the middle of nowhere.

"Sierra, where the heck are we?" Ester asked, while sniffing the air and realizing it smelled like salt and fish. She could also hear waves not too far away. Sierra gave Ester a look and then took a grip of her shoulders, leading her around the car.

"Where do you think we are?" Sierra smirked upon seeing her friend's reaction.
"The beach." She answered, eyes looking mesmerized. Ester hasn't been to a beach in ages. She knew Tenakis had great beaches.
But she never found time to visit them. There were only a few buses that drove out there and they weren't exactly cheap. Besides that, she was too busy with work and stabilizing her life since she moved here to even think about the beach.

"And? Did I manage to surprise the great Ester Celeste?" Sierra's voice pulled her out of whatever day dream she just had.
"What's that supposed to mean? But yes, you did. Congrats."

"Good. Now let's go to the house, before it starts raining. It's not far away. We just can't get the car to bring us there, since I want to surprise Devon." Sierra successfully dodged her first question. But Ester didn't even mind that. She was too busy gaping at Sierra.

"Devon? Are you insane?" She asked Sierra with a glare.
"I knew you'd be upset. But it's too late to turn around now. So, come on." With that, her friend walked past her and made her way towards the beach. Ester quickly followed with her hands placed on her hips.

"Sierra, why did you bring me with you? We can't stand each other and I thought today was supposed to be fun." Ester complained with a pout.
"Oh, don't act like you're not curious as to what the heck he does all day. Besides, annoying him is always fun." Her friend scoffed.