Chapter 1

His face was what woke me up with a start, I sat bolt upright and gasped.

I touch my forehead and I find myself covered in cold sweat, I then remembered everything that happened last night.

It had to be only nightmare.

I jump out of bed and ran to the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. Pressing a hand to my neck, expecting two holes to be there but it was perfect, like nothing happened.

I sigh in relief, but was still tense. It felt so real last night but I must be going crazy. I got ready for school and skipped downstairs with my back pack into the kitchen. I wasn't surprised when I saw a sticky note on the fridge.

Your father's going on a business trip and I'm at a meeting. See you for dinner.

--Mom

I crumpled the note in my hand and grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet. I made my way towards the front door and stopped when I remembered leaving a pool of blood just where I was standing.

It looked like nothing happened, not a single red dot on the hardwood floor. I shook my head and left not giving myself time to think as I ran to school.

I got to school just as the bell rang and I pushed my way towards first period, tripping a few times. My homework flew to the ground like leaves and I crouched down picking them all up quickly before anyone stepped on it.

I sat in my usual corner of the classroom, ignoring the glares that I always get from the other students. I groaned when lunch time came, paying for my lunch I sat alone at a table. Not even the geeks wanted me sitting next to them.

"Ella, you keep eating and you're going to get fat."

I rolled my eyes as I put down my veggie burger, looking at Sabrina straight in the eye. She was the definition of 'popular' with her cult trailing behind her.

"Go away. I'm not in the mood for bitches today." I spat and got up from my chair, stalking away before I regretted saying anything.

I went to the only place I knew I was going to be left alone... The library. I knew this place like the back of my hand. I weave through aisles of book ridden shelves that haven't been opened for probably over a decade and slide down to the floor, resting the back of my head on the shelf ledge.

I closed my eyes and his face appeared in my mind again. I focused on remembering every single detail that happened last night, sure it wasn't a dream. By the time I opened my eyes, the last bell had rung. It's not the first time I've ditched school.

I got up in a hurry, hoping to leave before I ran into Sabrina or anyone else. I sigh in relief as I made it to the curb, waiting as cars pass by to cross the street.

"Hey, weirdo!"

I cringe and turn around slowly to see Daxton followed by his phonies, stopping in front of me.

"You called my girlfriend a bitch." Daxton spat and I clenched my hands to stop them from shaking.

"Yes. Your point?" I say and glared at him.

"You'll pay." Daxton growled and I was suddenly being pushed around and kicked by his phonies. I got pushed into Daxton and he grinned madly as I stumbled away from him into the street.

You know what they say before someone dies unexpectedly? That his 'life flashed before my eyes'? Well, I thought that was a myth until now as a car crashed into me in a blink of an eye.

I blacked out for a short time. I opened my eyes to see that I couldn't move, hear, or speak. I felt the pool of blood form around me on the street, I forced my eyes to look up and I see Daxton with a look of complete dread and horror.