Help

(Kouen x Fem! Reader)

Summary: You are shown to your room and more antiques while your father tries to get help.

SURPRISE! I needed some way to get over that algebra EOC... I still have more tomorrow... It's so hard T~T. Anyway, we are now on chapter 5! Whoo!

~~~~~~~~~

You sobbed as you laid your head on your knees, he was gone. You'd probably never see him again, you sniffled and wiped your nose. The cold cell almost made things worse but the thought of your father being here didn't sit well with you either.

You heard loud thumps on the stairs and you kept your sobbing to a minimum as you recognized that monster's footsteps. You wiped your eyes and glared at him, "you didn't even let me say goodbye! I'll never see him again!" You spat as you looked out the window to where your father was trapped in a carriage going back to town.

Kouen only said nothing and stared at you and the way you shined under the moonlight which was now fading into daylight. He shook his head to get rid of a feeling rising and walked off, leaving you in the dirty, cold cell.

Kouha, who had been on the floor to keep out of the way, stood up and stuck his tongue out at his brother's retreating form. To think he was a gentlemanly prince before, now he was just downright rude. He walked over to the latch that opens the cage and stared up at it. It was a few feet away from him small form.

He jumped a couple of times and grabbed onto it, he pulled down causing the cell to open with a slight creak. Hearing the subtle noise you flinched as you thought he came back, your brows furrowed and you cautiously walked out with a stool in your hands to protect yourself.

"Well, now you've done it! What would ani-sama say?!"

Someone scoffed, "he doesn't have to know."

You walked out and your eyes widened to see a candelabra and a clock, talking. You screamed and slammed the stool down on the candelabra causing him to groan in pain. He removed it from on top of him and chuckled, "pardon my intrusion, you are very strong mademoiselle. I've come to escort you to your room."

At first, you were confused about your room but the topic at hand switched to the fact that he was a candelabra and could talk, "y-you can talk?" You asked, confirming if you were crazy.

You heard a huff from the clock, "of course he can talk it's all he ever does," said the clock bitterly. The candelabra pouted at the clock and whined about how that wasn't true, he actually wasn't all that far off from the truth.

You interrupted their little disagreement, "w-what are you two?"You asked wearily, it didn't seem like a sane question as they were objects.

The candelabra jumped up to grab your hand and pressed a chaste kiss to it, "I am Kouha," he said, winking, he turned to the clock who was rolling his eyes, "that grump over there is Koumei!"

"Hey!"

Kouha, to evade his brother's wrath, pulled you away to bring you to your room which he had spoken of earlier. You looked back at your cell and decided to go with the room, at least you wouldn't freeze to death.

Koumei, who was still angry, huffed once more and followed them. Even if he didn't agree to going against his brother's orders.

*~*~*

"You must forgive first impressions, I hope you are not too startled."

You scoffed, "why would I be startled? I'm talking to a candle," you said, unamused as you held him in your hand to light the way while walking to your room with daylight shining through the windows and dust along the corridors.