Man About Town

A/N: Disclaimer - this is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
This part contains graphic sexual content.

***

Alex

A beep of my phone suddenly comes as a perfect rescue, pulling me away from the piercing look of the warm hazel eyes and the comfortable silence that settled between us. I get up and locate my discarded leather trousers fishing out a smartphone with a flashing text. I check the screen and roll my eyes. Miles catches the gesture and smirks.
"That's Alexa, she's checking on me. Urm, my friend. She has a flat in Paris so I am staying with her every time when I am here" I reply and Miles nods in an agreement. I recognise a hidden meaning behind the text and sigh. It is not that she is worried as much for me but more of the "put your glad rags ON, lover boy." Still it is nice to know that someone cares. She knows me bloody well so far, but still it would be nice if I didn't make myself as transparent. Well if anything, I should thank her really for my meeting with Miles. After all, being a model herself, among the other things, it was around her when I first spot Miles' captivating face on the pages of a glossy slick fashion magazine. And let's just say that crossing our paths wasn't perhaps as random as I've made myself believe? I am positive she had something to do with a neat little black card that held my name in a luxurious script, reserving me the front row seat.
"Miles... I should go... need to sort out some stuff. " I trail off leaving the sentence unfinished.
"Hmm, that Alexa your friend, is it Alexa Chung?" Miles asks scratching his head and sliding out of the bed with a sheet wrapped around him.
"Urm... yeah, yes you know her?" My face lights up.

"Well, no, not in person but you can't not to know about her in my field of work."

"Oh cool. I should introduce you guys" I say and smirk punching a quick reply to Alexa, telling her that in fact, I am more than well.

"Hey Alex, I have to go as well... need to drop by to a photo studio"

"We could share a cab." I say as I button up my red shirt trying to smooth the creases.
"Yeah... yeah... I'll be with you in fifteen. Just let me take a quick shower and make myself presentable" Miles winks ready to enter the bathroom.
"Miles?" He stops at bathroom doors gazing at me silently. I swallow, feeling my throat dry. How do I go about this?
"Look, about yesterday..." I ponder, scratching my hair. It needs a wash.
"Yes?" His voice is barely a whisper, with a hint of hopefulness.
"Would... you like to do it again? I mean..." Right, now that must be dry... Yes Miles would you like to watch me again as I get all embarrassed after having drunk almost a bottle of champagne while watching you catwalk so I could take the courage to talk with you. Although alcohol aside... those eyes can cause a certain intoxication on its own.
"I..." Miles falters and I sigh, cursing my incoherence in my mind.
"I mean... in less... boozed circumstances" I offer a tiny smile and I see Miles exhale coming closer. I breath in as I feel his warm breath hovering over my cheek, then the breath is over my ear with a firm nip on my earlobe.
"Would love to." He whispers and leaves the room spinning. Possibly that would be my head spinning. The hangover is making me dizzy. I must look like an idiot, with my cheeks flushed, like I am a teenage girl; well if Miles noticed, he is polite enough not to show it. I settle to wait for him outside having a smoke under an excuse that I am in a dire need for a fresh air. It is not a lie entirely.

***
Miles

"I really liked the Man About Town edit yeh know? Tha' was really powerful image." He tells me quietly as I lean further in the car seat. I raise my eyebrow and Alex gazes at me, his deep look radiating warmth and something else, eyelashes fluttering like little feathers.
"Well... everyone's seen that, it was on the cover. And Slimane is pretty damn good when it comes to photography" I sigh. I appreciate the recognition, but I really try to bring an air of freshness to it all and do so much more, trying to add a unique signature to my work, make it distinguishable.
"And you wish people would sometimes flip the pages, and look inside?"I gaze at him, stunned, and I know he is not talking about the magazine. Before my eyes meet my boots, from the corner of my eye I catch Alex biting his lush lower lip, averting his gaze towards the window... watching the cars passing by.